Hacking USB Loader Pro

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to the all the work in the past few days, we know have pretty good knowledge of how to tweak various USB Loader settings. The only remaining part is a simple interface that would keep users from different regions happy. After reading an unhealthy number of posts in the various Loader-related threads, I have decided that game options should be handled on a per-game basis. Why? Because we will never know if a German-speaking PAL user for some reason wants to play a particular game in Spanish, or if a U.S. user wants to play a Japanese game in Korean. Same goes for video: people have dual monitor setups, multisystem TVs, and all kinds of strange things that we can't account for.

My solution is to launch all games by default, depending on the users system region. If a user wants to tweak settings for a particular game, it's as simple as pressing the B button. Choose your settings, save a tiny config file to the SD card , and play. The Launcher will perform a simple check the next time it launches this game (based on the 4-letter game ID).

The interface is not 100% complete, but this is the direction I believe it should take. I haven't coded all the changes to the source yet, and I will need help with writing and reading the save files. Previews are below.

maingoe.png

configurer.png

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great ideas ... my 9 yeard old daughter doesnt know what Force PAL, NTSC or any of that stuff means ... But she can press "A" like no one else
smile.gif

I could spin through all the games, configure them once, and away we go.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like this design here, all I am beggin for here, is to have someone figure out this image reload for the not as compatible HDDs out there.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
Great ideas ... my 9 yeard old daughter doesnt know what Force PAL, NTSC or any of that stuff means ... But she can press "A" like no one else
smile.gif

I could spin through all the games, configure them once, and away we go.

stupid 9 yr. old.
tongue.gif

Just kidding, I'm sure she could out-game me any day.

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bluebird12 said:
This is very nice. Is it using Loader 1.2 or 1.1?

1.1 code with snippets from GeckoOS and the settings load from SD card similar to the configurable loader.

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) It has countdown to usb device?
2) It has the fix of image?

If you need a tester or any type of help (No Coding :-( ) i can help you
smile.gif

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is what Im looking for.
I dont want to select the video and/or the language everytime I want to play a PAL game.

Keep on going!

Knocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
netghost007 said:
Hi, Knocks

Sorg's remembering option and video mode are the best at the moment.
He took some code from SoftChip repository as better implementation of some functions.

Thank you! Sorg's build dumps that stuff to the hard drive, whereas I'd like to put them in sdroot/Games/Settings. I'll look at his code though.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linuks said:
It looks really great
smile.gif

Just need an option to install or remove a game and it will be perfect!
why? really? i mean cant we just have a simple loader with the options? id much rather have a seperate app that installs and all to avoid accidental removal or whatnot...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1