Hacking USB loader-pimp my wii

dnov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used Pimp My Wii and now my USB loader doesn't work. It stays black a few seconds and then goes to a dump page. Ughh anyone know how I can fix this?

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might just have to update you loader if you have an old version that doesn't support the newer cIOSs BUT...

PMW is horrible app that has bricked many Wiis, mostly when it first came out but it's still bad coding.

Get Modmii and after answering a few questions it will download all the game IOSs, all the patched System Menu IOSs, the Hermes/Rodries cIOSs, and build the d2x v8 249 & 250 cIOSs. It creates a folder with all the needed files and a guide to follow based on your answers.

Once done with the Modmii guide you'll have an updated mod free of anything PWM may have messed up.
Make sure to get WiiFlow and CFG while you have Modmii running and if you get the USBLoader GX Installer v1.8 (not the AIO or 3.0 dol/wad/zip version) it will download the latest version of GX to your computer.

dnov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I should have read more about it and i shouldn't have rushed it.

but anyways I did the whole Modmii thing and i Updated my USB Loader to the most recent one. But now my USB games are not showing up. The Wii detects the USB and opens but no games show up.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few questions:
Which USB loader are you using? WiiFlow, CFG, GX
What format is your USB drive? WBFS, FAT32, NTFS
I'm assuming you now have the d2x v8 cIOSs or did you change it in Modmii?
Do you know what version you had when the USB drive worked?

I had an issue with games not showing up once, I'd just transferred games from my old USB drive to my new USB drive using a program on my computer as a MITM. On the new FAT32 drive, my wbfs folder was named in all caps and my loader didn't like it, had to make it lowercase.

If none of the loaders can see your drive/games maybe try dx2 v9 or v10. You have to run Modmii classic, white text on blue background, goto download page 4 type beta then change to v9 or v10 and get 24956 and 25057 when back on DL pg 4. Install .wad files with MMM just like before. (You should remove all the .wad files on your SD card from when you did the guide then put just these 2 in that folder and install them)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can