Hacking USB Loader Noobie Questions.

jakehikky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi Guys

Many months ago i managed to get the Hombrew Channel and backup launcher running perfectly

Then i hear about this USB Loader which i like the sound of

So i went to Waninkoko Blog

Downloaded the Two Files ( cIOS36_rev9-Installer.dol & USB-Loader_v1.1.dol)

Stuck them in the WAD folder of my SD card

Went to Homebrew channel Then to Custom WAD Manager

Tried to install the cIOS36_rev9-Installer.dol i got the error ... Reading WAD File...ERROR! (ret = -1)

So i tried Renaming the .dol to .wad Didnt work same error.

I then read about needing IOS36-64-v1042.wad so i d/l that and installed that through Custom WM no probs

and then tried same files again but did not work.

Can Someone please point me in the right direction as to where im going wrong lol

Many Thanks Guys

MrFlooD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you selecting SD install or Internet install??? if you select SD you need to make sure the files are in the root of the SD card. (Cant link it here). Otherwise, switch to Internet install and let the loader do its magic.

jakehikky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MrFlooD said:
Are you selecting SD install or Internet install??? if you select SD you need to make sure the files are in the root of the SD card. (Cant link it here). Otherwise, switch to Internet install and let the loader do its magic.

Not sure what u mean by selecting Internet or SD or where to find it m8 Sorry for being such a noob

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because of copyright issues the dol file does not contain the actual wad file.
If you have the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file, place it in root of the SD card and run the dol from hbc. The dol will read the wad, patch it, and install it as a cios.
If you don't have it, run the online installation (you can choose when you run the dol). It will then download the wad file, patch and install

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You must NOT use the wad manager : its a .dol.
Just create folders in the apps directory on your SD card and launch them with homebrew chanel.
The ".dol" files must be used with homebrew channel.
Then simply launch cIOS36_rev9-Installer.dol with HBC, and select "web install" (you will not need any wad)

jakehikky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Guys That got the rev9 installed

Much Appreciated

Now do i do same for the Usb Loader as i run that and in right hand box it says

error Could not initialise USB subsustem! (ret - -1)
Press any key to Restart...

Sorry to be a noob guys
frown.gif

EDIT:

It was the usb Stick i have just tried an external harddrive and its asking me to format a partition

Many Thanks

Is there anyway of getting this usb loader as a channel rather than having to load Homebre channel each time as that means u need SD card in Wii at all times?

Thanks for all your help guys

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can find USB loader 1.1 Chanel version on this forum (use the search button), but I don't really recommend it to you : the internal memory of the wii is very low, and it's always a bit risky to play with it (you can brick it).

Take your time to see if it worth it : it is not a big deal to go to HBC before launching the game.

As for me, I have a small SD card (1go) I use only on my wii, and it's not a problem to let it in my Wii at all times...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are a lot of channels already for this loader. I have installed a forwarder channel. This will load the actual dol from SD. So when an update comes, I only have to replace the dol on sd and the channel can stay the same

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-