darkten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help me...as I have a little girl that is going to hurt me bad if you cannot
smile.gif

We're on a 4.0U Wii that has HBC, USB Backup Loader and the USB (Disk based) Loader installed.

Everything seems to work ok, however our USB microphones are no longer recognized by *any* game..backups or originals.

Our WiiSpeak however works fine.

What do I need to do? My daughter is SERIOUSLY pissed because all of her singing games that she bought with her own money (b-day, etc) no longer work (her brother seems to...not mind at all, heheh) but I think the child is gonna push me down a flight of stairs or something.

Help please.

I'd do it for you!

Thanks,

-d10 Fear of Falling

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest cIOS (Revision 9) doesn't support a lot of USB devices because of how it's been modified. That said, it shouldn't effect originals at all because originals shouldn't be using the cIOS. Backups through the backup loaders both use the cIOS and will both be effected.

You should be able to install cIOScorps and run backups through the disc channel unaffected. If you want to get even more specialized you can find out what IOS the microphone games use and just install that/those cIOS and use softchip.

The only other solution is to reinstall cIOS_R8 and lose USB loader support until an update fixes this.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
darkten said:
My daughter is SERIOUSLY pissed because all of her singing games that she bought with her own money (b-day, etc) no longer work (her brother seems to...not mind at all, heheh) but I think the child is gonna push me down a flight of stairs or something.

then if you bought it, play with the original game
as said above, the USB2 module added in cIOS rev9 broke USB device like the microphone
cIOS is loaded when you use USB Loader or Backup Launcher so don't use them

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting that it was working in rev8 but not in rev9 ... wouldn't rev9 just have additional code to rev8 ie be backward compatible ?

Once (or should that be if ?) the USB2 module is fixed, will that also solve the issues with GH instruments and the LAN adapter ?

takuya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i confirm !
my usb mic (AC one) don't work with cios 36 rev 9 (specially with apps who use rev9 like usb launcher)

i have uninstall rev9 and install rev7 and it works now

darkten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
darkten said:
My daughter is SERIOUSLY pissed because all of her singing games that she bought with her own money (b-day, etc) no longer work (her brother seems to...not mind at all, heheh) but I think the child is gonna push me down a flight of stairs or something.

then if you bought it, play with the original game
as said above, the USB2 module added in cIOS rev9 broke USB device like the microphone
cIOS is loaded when you use USB Loader or Backup Launcher so don't use them

I'm not sure if this was meant to infer or imply that I did not buy it. If it was, you are both an ass and lack reading comprehension skills as I clearly state more than once in the original post that neither the original nor the backups recognize the microphone anymore...including the part you quoted.

+2d10 Posting of Irritation

darkten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TjW1072 said:
I noticed this problem as well with my disney sing it back up but I found that if I loaded it through my rock band channel by Mrkinator, It worked fine.

Rock Band Channel

Thank you. I'll give this a look see. The instructions mention something about needing to setup a folder on the SD...is this required with the channel provided?

Thanks again for your helpful, relevant reply
smile.gif

d10

darkten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
The latest cIOS (Revision 9) doesn't support a lot of USB devices because of how it's been modified. That said, it shouldn't effect originals at all because originals shouldn't be using the cIOS. Backups through the backup loaders both use the cIOS and will both be effected.

I thought this too, which is why it doesn't make any sense. I do not remember running the update off the DVD, but even if this was the case if whatever was installed was modified then the result would be the same since the games don't load the updates every time you run them.

So the idea here is to uninstall whatever it was the USB2 cIOS installed, and re-run the disc's update, is that it? I'm a bit confused about the CIOSCORP thing; I've not heard of it. Any info to elaborate on this would be very helpful; I'll be wanting to do this tonite after I mess with the wbfs code a bit more (adding write buffering for MacOS X) and BEFORE I pick up my DSi
smile.gif

Thanks again!

+d10

sectionboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed cios rev8, and my lan adaptor returned to work. I'am very convinced it's the cios rev9. You may want to give it a try.

darkten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sectionboy said:
I installed cios rev8, and my lan adaptor returned to work. I'am very convinced it's the cios rev9. You may want to give it a try.

are rev8 and rev9 mutually exclusive?

d10

Tashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sectionboy said:
is there any special way to revert to rev8? or do i just run the installer?

sectionboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkten said:
sectionboy said:

are rev8 and rev9 mutually exclusive?

d10

No idea, I think they overwrite each other. I just re-ran the rev8's installer.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You have to install older CIOS (or Wiigator's cios) on other slot that USB CIOS. USB Microphones don't work on USB 2.0 CIOS.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pti2yv Use that to install ios with dip module as lets say ios232 (use dpad on wiimote to set it to something like "ios 36 with dip module as ios232").
use softchip to load your backups using ios232 you have installed in step 1.

This way you can use usb backup loader that uses usb 2.0 cios and softchip to play dvd backups like guitar hero
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi