Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
it means what is written, really.
the answer IS in the text :

You need to select a different gamecube mode !

Settings > loader settings > gamecube mode

by default, it's set to "IOS" (which is used to launch official gamecube games from disc).
if you want to use SD or USB, you need to select a different method, such as : Nintendont or Devolution, AND you need to install that additional loader executable (boot.dol or loader.bin) on your SD or USB.
Oh it works :D wow this is grea! I even set up for usb loader to bood up as i power on wii ^^

Thanks!

Reactions: Cyan

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cyan isn't working on USB Loader GX right now. I haven't added anything like that to mine yet because I'm in the middle of refactoring the loader's code right now to make it a bit easier to maintain.

The network module is on my list, too. :) It's got a few issues. For example, canceling a download may make it stop working until the loader is restarted.
Is this the one?
usbloader_GX_rev1269_greywolf_unofficial_tabmod.zip
http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1194#post-7202266

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@Cyan a friend of mine wanted to mod his vwii and play games from usb so I helped him and I sent him ios 80 vwii patcher ios 236 vwii patcher and d2x installer for vwii he did everything good but then the loader didn't recognize his usb why? nintendont recognize the usb so it's anything usb related issue but I think ioses issue and plus we noticed that on wiixplorer it says use d2x v9+ for both USB ports but we installed the v10beta53... what's going on? we did a sys check and I noticed that my wiiu has more ios patches than his wiiu but I think we used the same method.. but it should work if it says trucha bug nand access es identify in ios 249, 250, 251, 236, etc right?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sent him ios 80 vwii patcher ios 236 vwii patcher
these are useless for playing wii games, if not dangerous.

the loader didn't recognize his usb why?
does he have a Y-cable ?
or maybe an externally powered HDD?
if not, he needs one.

If he already have enough power for his HDD, and it is still not detected, he needs to set the IOS slot used inside the loader to 58 instead of the default 249.

Settings > loader settings > Loader's IOS : 58

we noticed that on wiixplorer it says use d2x v9+ for both USB ports but we installed the v10beta53
Wiixplorer is right, you have d2x v9 or newer (v10 is part of the "+")
v9+ = 9 or higher
as Wiixplorer hasn't been updated to properly detect new version past v9, it can't tell if you have 9 or newer. that's all good, don't worry.

You installed d2x v10-alternative (revision 53 instead of revision 52).
this could be why he has detection issue too.

we did a sys check and I noticed that my wiiu has more ios patches than his wiiu but I think we used the same method.. but it should work if it says trucha bug nand access es identify in ios 249, 250, 251, 236, etc right?
WiiU shouldn't have more patched IOS than he currently has, unless you did wrong.

the minimal setup to play wii games is : 1 custom (patched) IOS only. that's all.
having 3 different IOS (249/250/251) is fine, just unnecessary.
having 236 is old and deprecated, but can still help in case of brick (do not remove it!)
having 80 patched is used to launch pirated WADs installed on the official SD menu (not from USB Loaders)

his setup is fine, don't remove or change it, unless you really want to use d2x r52 instead or r53.
r52 has better compatibility. some games or features don't work with r53.
if you plan to replace it, use d2x installer again, and just select v10 instead of v10-alt, and overwrite the slot 249/250/251 with the same base.

Last edited by Cyan,

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
am I correct to assume this wont work if the usb drive is plugged into one of the WiiU's front ports?

Also, how do multi disc games work? I only see one disc in the menu, unlike in nintendon't there's 2 for games like Baten Kaitos

Last edited by Nomelas,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I correct to assume this wont work if the usb drive is plugged into one of the WiiU's front ports?

Also, how do multi disc games work? I only see one disc in the menu, unlike in nintendon't there's 2 for games like Baten Kaitos

There are no multi-disc Wii games. Gamecube games only show up as one as all GC loaders can switch discs automatically.

Reactions: Nomelas

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
these are useless for playing wii games, if not dangerous.

does he have a Y-cable ?
or maybe an externally powered HDD?
if not, he needs one.

If he already have enough power for his HDD, and it is still not detected, he needs to set the IOS slot used inside the loader to 58 instead of the default 249.

Settings > loader settings > Loader's IOS : 58

Wiixplorer is right, you have d2x v9 or newer (v10 is part of the "+")
v9+ = 9 or higher
as Wiixplorer hasn't been updated to properly detect new version past v9, it can't tell if you have 9 or newer. that's all good, don't worry.

You installed d2x v10-alternative (revision 53 instead of revision 52).
this could be why he has detection issue too.

WiiU shouldn't have more patched IOS than he currently has, unless you did wrong.

the minimal setup to play wii games is : 1 custom (patched) IOS only. that's all.
having 3 different IOS (249/250/251) is fine, just unnecessary.
having 236 is old and deprecated, but can still help in case of brick (do not remove it!)
having 80 patched is used to launch pirated WADs installed on the official SD menu (not from USB Loaders)

his setup is fine, don't remove or change it, unless you really want to use d2x r52 instead or r53.
r52 has better compatibility. some games or features don't work with r53.
if you plan to replace it, use d2x installer again, and just select v10 instead of v10-alt, and overwrite the slot 249/250/251 with the same base.
alright man I think I will install the 52 revision however yes we needed ios 80 for wads but I'm not sure if it has the non alt version idk.. anyways we will check it tomorrow thank you so much
(it's a usb flash drive I think it doesn't need more power)

Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USB Flash drive are known to be incompatible with USBLoaders.
try with IOS58 in the loader, and see if it helps, but it could be the issue. He will have to buy an external hard drive instead.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody please help with this issue...This app seems to work great for me from the get go but later, every single time I start it up it will get stuck at Initializing USB Drive.

Also, I never had a problem running my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles before when I was using CFG Loader for many years but now I get this black screen message;

"An Error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, Remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console...."
and it seems that after this error happens I can only disconnect the Wii U to get it to start up again. Also, USB Loader gx will be stuck at Loading USB drive screen forever.

All other games seem to work fine.

Please help as I'd really like to stick with this app working for Wii and GC games now that I got an HDD and ditch CFG Loader altogether because I could never quite get that old app to work correctly with Nintendont.

Thanks in advance.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody please help with this issue...This app seems to work great for me from the get go but later, every single time I start it up it will get stuck at Initializing USB Drive.

Also, I never had a problem running my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles before when I was using CFG Loader for many years but now I get this black screen message;

"An Error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, Remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console...."
and it seems that after this error happens I can only disconnect the Wii U to get it to start up again. Also, USB Loader gx will be stuck at Loading USB drive screen forever.

All other games seem to work fine.

Please help as I'd really like to stick with this app working for Wii and GC games now that I got an HDD and ditch CFG Loader altogether because I could never quite get that old app to work correctly with Nintendont.

Thanks in advance.

Could you provide some information?
- What version of the loader are you using?
- What HDD?
- What cIOS?
- Did you verify your game image and make sure it's good?

That error sounds like it's coming from the game, not the loader.

SilentTempest83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running into an issue I am wondering if anyone might be able to assist me with. Quite a bit of Google-fu has turned up very little answers so far.

I am attempting to get an ISO image of F-Zero AX (the Triforce arcade game) loading through USB Loader GX in Nintendont. I can get the game to load directly in Nintendont, however loading through USB Loader GX causes the system to freeze on a blank, black screen. I have done a fair bit of troubleshooting by changing settings in USB Loader GX and seeing which settings pass to Nintendont, and then tweaking individual settings in Nintendont and comparing loading results. It seems that USB Loader GX is passing an argument that sets the Video Width setting in Nintendont to 640. If I manually set the Video Width in Nintendont to Auto, F-Zero AX boots just fine, so this setting would appear to be the culprit.

That said, I am wondering what setting in USB Loader GX (if any) can be changed to have Nintendont set the Video Width setting to Auto prior to booting the game. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer. =)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running into an issue I am wondering if anyone might be able to assist me with. Quite a bit of Google-fu has turned up very little answers so far.

I am attempting to get an ISO image of F-Zero AX (the Triforce arcade game) loading through USB Loader GX in Nintendont. I can get the game to load directly in Nintendont, however loading through USB Loader GX causes the system to freeze on a blank, black screen. I have done a fair bit of troubleshooting by changing settings in USB Loader GX and seeing which settings pass to Nintendont, and then tweaking individual settings in Nintendont and comparing loading results. It seems that USB Loader GX is passing an argument that sets the Video Width setting in Nintendont to 640. If I manually set the Video Width in Nintendont to Auto, F-Zero AX boots just fine, so this setting would appear to be the culprit.

That said, I am wondering what setting in USB Loader GX (if any) can be changed to have Nintendont set the Video Width setting to Auto prior to booting the game. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer. =)

Try setting the video scale to 0. You may have to edit your GXGlobal.cfg file to change it. The setting's name is "NINVideoScale".

SilentTempest83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try setting the video scale to 0. You may have to edit your GXGlobal.cfg file to change it. The setting's name is "NINVideoScale".

For anyone else dealing with this issue, it is probably worth mentioning that I did have to manually edit GXGlobal.cfg to get this working. USB Loader GX would not accept "0" as a valid Video Scale setting from within the application.

Last edited by SilentTempest83,

go0fy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for the libogc and portlib from 2012 05 06 for Devkit PPC r26 is dead, anyone have a mirror they can throw at me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee