• Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

xombiemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Return to" in Global Settings is for Wii games only.

For NEEK, you have to make sure "Return to" in game settings is "ON" (should always be ON by default).

Now, you also need the NK2O channel installed in your emuNAND: https://code.google.com/p/custom-di/downloads/list
There are 4, they are all the same, the only difference is their banner. Choose one and install it on your emuNAND as if it were a VC/Wiiware title.

Load a VC/Wiiware game with neek2o, then press Home Button, clic on Wii menu. This action will trigger the NK2O channel, which acts as a swapper between real NAND and emuNAND.

It works on Wii, cannot tell about vWii.

I figured out why Return To wasn't working for me on vWii. I had deleted the Return to Wii U channel in the nand folder. I tried a new nand dump and didn't modify it at all and the Return To sent me back to the Wii U menu. It seems to be the Return to Wii U channel that is required.

I would rather be returned to the vWii menu. Has any one got that working? If there is not a current way, is there a technical reason it can't be done?

Last edited by xombiemp,

AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
No issues here.
r1253 // 3.358

I'm sorry for Cyan's loss of data, but a tiny request: add sort by "system alpha" (Wii A-Z, then GC A-Z, then NAND, then eNAND).
Sure, A-Z is fine, but jumbling Wii and GC?
Been seeing it for quite some time, and I think I should suggest this.

Involving my success, I don't utilize emulated anything; I got the storage. I don't use emuNAND because I see no good reason besides loading WiiWare, in which I hardly use. Maybe for Internet Channel, lol, but still.

EDIT: Also add "Resample to 48kHz" to Sound menu. :)

Last edited by AskaLangly,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
No issues here.
r1253 // 3.358

I'm sorry for Cyan's loss of data, but a tiny request: add sort by "system alpha" (Wii A-Z, then GC A-Z, then NAND, then eNAND).
Sure, A-Z is fine, but jumbling Wii and GC?
Been seeing it for quite some time, and I think I should suggest this.

Involving my success, I don't utilize emulated anything; I got the storage. I don't use emuNAND because I see no good reason besides loading WiiWare, in which I hardly use. Maybe for Internet Channel, lol, but still.

EDIT: Also add "Resample to 48kHz" to Sound menu. :)
He already has future plans for tap support, also there are already mods with tap support out there.

adam ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well.. my wii is in 4.1 , have a lot of time I hacked it XD I also use usb loader GX and other stuffs , but I don't know how outdated everything was , what I should do to make update the suff ?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello, i'm a little bit confused. I'm using Truths ciso wii u guide and i'm at my last step.

Do I need to use r1253 and then the forwarder? I can't use the 'All in one' right?

Thanks

All-in-one package v3.0 (r1180) is really outdated, but it contains everything you need to get started.
Just copy the apps folder to your SD/USB root (depending on where your HBC is looking for apps) and then replace the boot.dol with the one from r1253
If you launch ULGX from HBC, you don't need forwarders.
If you want to launch ULGX from the system menu, then install a forwarder. Make sure you use the correct forwarder for your console. If you install a forwarder for Wii onto a WiiU or vise versa, you may brick your console. Links to the official site is here https://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/

well.. my wii is in 4.1 , have a lot of time I hacked it XD I also use usb loader GX and other stuffs , but I don't know how outdated everything was , what I should do to make update the suff ?

That is like finding a needle in an ocean. You should at least post a syscheck log (tutor in Cyan's signature) and list the versions of each homebrew apps you used.

For ULGX, the latest is r1253
for other homebrew, you should look at their official/mod sites
for softmoding, try Modmii and if you have problem using it, ask in its official thread

Reactions: Sliter

adam ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just copy the apps folder to your SD/USB root (depending on where your HBC is looking for apps) and then replace the boot.dol with the one from r1253

I just installed the r1253 by itself.. however, it loads up and says 'Hard drive not initialised.' Under hard drive setting the same thing.
I'm using a USB 3 drive, with a ycable. I keep reading about BOOTICE? Should I partition on a PC first?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just installed the r1253 by itself.. however, it loads up and says 'Hard drive not initialised.' Under hard drive setting the same thing.
I'm using a USB 3 drive, with a ycable. I keep reading about BOOTICE? Should I partition on a PC first?
yes you should, fat32 would do best. usb loader gx is just the loader the games are installed by copying the iso's to the wbfs directory on root. don't know how to name the files myself i use a 3rd party tool to copy them to my drive: http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

adam ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, plug hdd into PC and i cant do anything with it, except format. Used backup manager to transfer games. Plug HDD into Wii u and it makes you reformat. :(

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, plug hdd into PC and i cant do anything with it, except format. Used backup manager to transfer games. Plug HDD into Wii u and it makes you reformat. :(

Check up on using uStealth with the Wii-U. It will prevent the console from recognizing the drive and wanting to format it. As far as I know USB Loader GX, CFG Loader, WiFlow, Nintendont and probably Devolution all support it.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend set up USB Loader GX recently on his Wii and is setting up a HDD for it. He asked me how I had mine set up and I told him MBR with FAT32 set to 32KB clustering. Though, he doesn't like the idea of splitting files. I explained to him how easy it is but he still wasn't interested. I told him he could just split it and have the second partition formatted to NTFS or EXT2/3/4. He asked which of the two is better for it. I was going to recommend EXT2, but I'm not entirely sure how efficient it is on the Wii compared to NTFS, as I've done little testing and never looked at the libraries USB Loader GX uses. So my question is which one would get better performance on the Wii, if there is a difference at all?

adam ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to repartition your hdd? it's wierd it's not letting you format it.

I woke up and decided thats it, one last try or else the Wii U is going out the window... Everything works perfectly. I've no idea what happened as it was exactly the same. But USB Loader is now working, the iso ripper is really cool too.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks, i'll install later.

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to run Manhunt 2 but instead of booting the game, it returns to the Wii home menu? Is there any settings I need for this game?

I just run the uncensored patch on Manhunt 2 iso on my PC, converted iso to wbfs.

EDIT

Forget to rename game after patching. Working now.

Last edited by Wanderlei777,

BlastPhantomXV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having alot of trouble on USB Loader GX on Wii U. to me, It seems to be.. Corrupted. When I run the app, It get's frozen when it looks for a usb device, And then skips from 20 seconds, to 17. Nintendont will NO LONGER WORK from USb Loader GX, And everytime I try to run something from USB Loader, It crashes.

I' don't know whats going on, But it's giving me ALOT of trouble

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo