• Likes 48

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kbe said:
*edit* omg progress tried again and for some reason now it'll at least bring up gx and show a game I have on the drive but when I click on it the game won't launch; screen goes black wii freezes....... sucks but at least it'll read the drive now.

Go into the settings and do 1 of three things:
Turn Quick Boot to "On"
Turn the "Game Sounds" volume to "0".
or
Use my r921 Mod listed above, then you don't have to do either of the other two.

QUOTE(bula @ May 24 2010, 11:37 AM) I think updates are turned off.

That is correct for the most part. Not entirely turned off, but the latest update available through the feature is 8xx (not sure of the exact rev)
Hooya, I recommend using the r921 Mod listed above

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there a way to install cIOS36 rev 9 to the IOS slot 224, as I don't use this slot? I already tried to install the cIOS36 rev 9 wad (with the IOS slot changed to 224), but then Prince of Persia didn't boot at all.

PS: It is to get Prince of Persia working. Already tried a modded r929 (without return_to and dvd patch) but still didn't work. It works with CFG loader, the latest

sotemptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all. I used the -snipped- guide to install usbloader a few days ago on a 4.2u wii and I can't seem to load a saved game when backed to a 160gb fat32 drive. Everything works though including downloading cd titles and backup but when I load the game it just a "black screen" for a few seconds and goes back to homebrew channel with the +1 counter added to the game. I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find some sort of solution. Thanks for any info.

kbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well GX is still giving me problems seems to only detect my external 50% of the time meanwhile all the other loaders work fine so my next question is how do I safely remove the WAD/GX from my Wii? Whenever I get another external I might go back but for now I'd rather it gone.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrDiesel said:
Is there a way to install cIOS36 rev 9 to the IOS slot 224, as I don't use this slot? I already tried to install the cIOS36 rev 9 wad (with the IOS slot changed to 224), but then Prince of Persia didn't boot at all.

PS: It is to get Prince of Persia working. Already tried a modded r929 (without return_to and dvd patch) but still didn't work. It works with CFG loader, the latest

Is your PoP main.dol patched? It needs to be patched/hex edited for the game to work with ANY version of GX.
If it's patched then there's something else in your settings that would need to be figured out. There's no need to go back to rev9 anymore.

QUOTE(kbe @ May 24 2010, 05:36 PM) Well GX is still giving me problems seems to only detect my external 50% of the time meanwhile all the other loaders work fine so my next question is how do I safely remove the WAD/GX from my Wii? Whenever I get another external I might go back but for now I'd rather it gone.

If you installed it as a channel with a wad, just use wad manager to uninstall it & then delete the gx folders/files from your sd card.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Log message

* Language files update: dutch, german, italian, tchinese
* All lang-files cleaned.

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/detail?r=930

Nothing interesting
frown.gif

Just removing of some old and no more used language strings + meta.xml updated...

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
D34DL1N3R said:
MrDiesel said:

Is your PoP main.dol patched? It needs to be patched/hex edited for the game to work with ANY version of GX.
If it's patched then there's something else in your settings that would need to be figured out. There's no need to go back to rev9 anymore.

I've patched the main.dol with a Hex Editor, but only got it working with your modded version
smile.gif

There should be a (game specific) option to disable return_to and the dvd patch...

kbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D34DL1N3R said:
kbe said:
Well GX is still giving me problems seems to only detect my external 50% of the time meanwhile all the other loaders work fine so my next question is how do I safely remove the WAD/GX from my Wii? Whenever I get another external I might go back but for now I'd rather it gone.

If you installed it as a channel with a wad, just use wad manager to uninstall it & then delete the gx folders/files from your sd card.

Figured but I'm new to this stuff so wanted to make sure, thanks. Going to use flow for now until get a new external just for my wii than I'll probably use GX again because I could format that drive into whatever file system I want.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the dvd in the drive code even needed anymore with the newer cIOS's? I ask because I removed it in my mods and it never asks for a disc with the ones that used to ask for one a long time ago.

jsmiley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have been using usb loader gx without a hitch for a while now. recently i attempted to play a few newer games and they will just not work. they are fifa world cup, sega all stars racing, kustom mario kart, and mht. the first 3 all get to various stages of their respective intro and then go to a black screen or freeze in some other way. i have tried any number of ios numbers and versions, different versions of usb loader, all with the same result. can anybody shed some light on how i might be able to fix this issue?

kjwhitcomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My humble summary of how to get Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands working with USB Loader GX:

Early posts had three things that needed to happen to make the game work:
- Main.dol had to be extracted, edited as described at http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/58969-ho...ds-working.html, and put back
- USB Loader GX had to be rolled back to an early version (somewhere in the 700s I think)
- cIOS38 had to be rolled back to rev9

Now, thanks to D34DL1N3R, the process is simpler.

D34DL1N3R said:
r921 Unofficial Mod
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMPHWEBL

PoP w/ patched main.dol working with cIOSXrev19 base 37. The only thing I believe to be broken is returning to GX after exiting a game - it will just take you to the main Wii menu instead.

The reason I did this is because the r929 mod still has the "game sound" bug when using cIOSXrev19. Hopefully we will get an official release soon with everything fixed.
smile.gif

There is no longer a need for an ancient cIOS38 or GX. However, the hex editing still needs to happen. I had success extracting mail.dol, editing it, then putting it on the SD card and using it as an alternate dol. This is in the hopes that the smart people here will eventually find a fix that won't need the hex editing.

Armed with the r921m version and the edited dol, the game seems to work.

QUOTE(bula @ May 24 2010, 08:50 AM) 921m works with 249_v17 as well.

I'm still running rev 14 and it worked for me too. Hope this is all accurate and it helps.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
kjwhitcomb said:
My humble summary of how to get Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands working with USB Loader GX:

Early posts had three things that needed to happen to make the game work:
- Main.dol had to be extracted, edited as described at http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/58969-ho...ds-working.html, and put back
- USB Loader GX had to be rolled back to an early version (somewhere in the 700s I think)
- cIOS38 had to be rolled back to rev9

Now, thanks to D34DL1N3R, the process is simpler.

D34DL1N3R said:
r921 Unofficial Mod
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMPHWEBL

PoP w/ patched main.dol working with cIOSXrev19 base 37. The only thing I believe to be broken is returning to GX after exiting a game - it will just take you to the main Wii menu instead.

The reason I did this is because the r929 mod still has the "game sound" bug when using cIOSXrev19. Hopefully we will get an official release soon with everything fixed.
smile.gif

There is no longer a need for an ancient cIOS38 or GX. However, the hex editing still needs to happen. I had success extracting mail.dol, editing it, then putting it on the SD card and using it as an alternate dol. This is in the hopes that the smart people here will eventually find a fix that won't need the hex editing.

Armed with the r921m version and the edited dol, the game seems to work.

QUOTE(bula @ May 24 2010, 08:50 AM) 921m works with 249_v17 as well.

I'm still running rev 14 and it worked for me too. Hope this is all accurate and it helps.
Not 100% accurate - the use of earlier versions of GX (781 and earlier) plus cIOS rev 9 does NOT require a hex edited main.dol - it runs fine as is.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grifta67 said:
I have an odd problem that I haven't seen posted anywhere. I had been running a hacked 3.x wii and decided to update it to 4.2u. I used the softmod guide stickied over in the Wii Hacking forum and got everything back up and running except for USB Loader GX.

My games show up, but when I click on a box to start it, it freezes. Not a complete freeze though. I can still move the cursor around, buttons highlight when I'm on top of them and I can still scroll through the games. Nothing will happen though. At that point, I can't click on anything else or restart and have to do a hard reboot. Even weirder, it worked once last night, but then today... nothing.

It worked great before, so it shouldn't be an issue with my HD.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Did you even bother to look for the answer? Someone just asked on the last page.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi developers of the USB gx team.

My name is Zetta_X, but Z will suffice.

All of the newer builds on (not exactly 2 months) since the last 2 months have not worked properly. I remember first downloading I think 923 and USB loader gx would just randomly freeze within the first 5-8 seconds of usage. I have had random speculation to why it had errors, but I got so sick of it freezing in the first 5-8 seconds (keep in mind I was not performing any actions other than moving the cursor around) I couldn't perform the required diagnostics to eliminate any possibilities. I checked this thread and notice people were having a lot of problems with gx and it freezing however they were freezing upon loading a game rather than it randomly freezing. Whether it is the same issue I don't know. It's been almost 2 months since the release of these buggy revs and I haven't even seen a hint that it is being worked on.

I have used USB loader GX for the longest time but it is slowly falling behind in the wii scene compared to other loaders and as long as the problem exists for a relatively significant amount of people, GX may be abandoned by the people who use it.

If there is anything we can do (we as in the developers and the people who use gx) to rectify the issues of GX and get full support of the newer CIOS, please let us know. In the mean time I am using a FAT32 partitioned drive with CIOS rev 17 and Hermes rev 5. I cannot get USB gx to work past rev 921.

Thanks in advance,
Z

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme