• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WIILOAD whats happenig ?

I have got Sendelf working now and tried to sens a wad file with it. I got an error on the Wii after it transfered to the Wii saying Not a dol/elf file ok sort of exspected.

But then i got Wiiload to work with the wad ........... I shortened the nane to ecco.wad and it worked NO

when it transfered to the Wii i got the same error message Not a dol/elf file ???? and yes it was Wiiload that did the transfer NOT sendelf WTF is going on lol

This is very strange as this wad transfered and installed a couple of days ago ( i only installed it to test GX transfers
smile.gif
) buyt now i cant uninstall the dam thing lmao (well i could if i plugged the usb back into me pc and transfered the wad that way
tongue.gif
)

has something been changed i the GX loader to stop the wad install ?

warlord

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CoolGeneral said:
i have a Problem with USB Loader GX.

since rev. 668 i can't load the following games:

Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil 4
The House of Dead: Overkill
The House of Dead 2 & 3

A Code Dump appears when i start one of the games. Can anyone help me?

You dont give any helpful information so we can help ?

Setup here

Pal wii
menu 4.01e
cIOS 14
GX loader 692 ( i think changes so quick this last hour lol)
USB buffalo 2.5 250gb drive with 3 partitions

OK
Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles works fine here with NO extra settings IOS 249
Resident Evil 4 works fine here with NO extra settings IOS 249
The House of Dead: Overkill works fine here with NO extra settings IOS 249
The House of Dead 2 & 3 black screens after loading will test settings

warlord

D

Deleted-119707

would installing hermes cios 222/223 allow me to use the lan adapter with usb loader gx? if i delet my wirless connection in the wii settings and create a wired connection will it work? or is it only wireless like other loaders?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@warlord007
I had the problem too when i tried to uninstall. The uninstaller seems to not work, but i think the installer is messed up because it doesnt work uninstalling with WadManager aslo. I used AnyTitle Deleter to remove the channel at the end. Talk to pune about it, he was doing the installer/uninstaller. About your sending problem: Read the SVN log and you see that wad receiving was moved to Channel Browser.

D

Deleted-119707

Hai1242 said:
I only use wired connection with usb loader gx
any problems? will it load your HDD too if you have the lan adapter in aswell as your HDD?

oh, im on 4.1re waninkoko cios rev10

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
D34DL1N3R said:
Yup, initialized. Installed in system32. XP Pro SP3.

Hmmmmmmm.
Sorry I'm at a loss for answers.

I'm still trying to get MOH H2 running with rev14
laugh.gif

Well, I still haven't gotten Wiiload working but MOH H2 works perfectly for me.
NTSC/4.0U/cIOSr14/r689 (Error 002 On/Alt Dol From Disc)

@ Warlord... why not just use FTPii and Filezilla? Sure you'll have to install/uninstall the wads using Wad Manager, but at least you'll be able to send ANY file over to ANY location on your SD card without issues. When you're finished installing them, just use SD Browser to delete them from your Wii - or Filezilla from your PC.

CoolGeneral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
warlord007 said:

Setup here

Pal wii
menu 4.01e
cIOS 14

OK
Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles works fine here with NO extra settings IOS 249

warlord

oh sry i forgot ^^

Pal Wii
menu: 4.0E
cIOS: 14
GX USB Loader 672 / 692
USB: MyPlatinum 2.5 500GB drive with 3 partions (FAT32/WBFS/NTFS)

Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles -> No extra settings IOS 249 -> Code dump
Resident Evil 4 -> No extra settings IOS249 -> Code dump
The House of Dead: Overkill -> No extra settings IOS249 -> Code dump
The House of Dead: 2&3 -> No extra settings IOS249 -> Code dump

i have no problems when appears a black screens after loading. But a code dump is strange. ^^

with rev. 668 works fine but this version have a bug with the game promt after configure the gamesettings.

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dimok said:
@warlord007
I had the problem too when i tried to uninstall. The uninstaller seems to not work, but i think the installer is messed up because it doesnt work uninstalling with WadManager aslo. I used AnyTitle Deleter to remove the channel at the end. Talk to pune about it, he was doing the installer/uninstaller. About your sending problem: Read the SVN log and you see that wad receiving was moved to Channel Browser.

Thanks for the info dimok

I have been testing the Wiiload in the Channel browser and you get this error

wiiload v0.4
coded by dhewg, #wiidev efnet

connecting to 192.168.101.103:4299
error connecting: Result too large
transfer failed.

if you try to send it from the Homebrew launcher you get Not a Dol/elf error

ah well

EDIT: AHHHH Channel Browser aka Title Launcher LOL

now it transfers
tongue.gif
and have found the uninstall error you are talking abour when trying to uninstall error -1
smile.gif

well you learn something new every day hehe

warlord

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CoolGeneral said:
warlord007 said:

Setup here

Pal wii
menu 4.01e
cIOS 14

OK

warlord

oh sry i forgot ^^

Pal Wii
menu: 4.0E
cIOS: 14
GX USB Loader 672 / 692
USB: MyPlatinum 2.5 500GB drive with 3 partions (FAT32/WBFS/NTFS)

Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles -> No extra settings IOS 249 -> Code dump
Resident Evil 4 -> No extra settings IOS249 -> Code dump
The House of Dead: Overkill -> No extra settings IOS249 -> Code dump
The House of Dead: 2&3 -> No extra settings IOS249 -> Code dump

i have no problems when appears a black screens after loading. But a code dump is strange. ^^

with rev. 668 works fine but this version have a bug with the game promt after configure the gamesettings.

I have the same setup as you all but 4.1e, even same 3 partitions

All the games work here ( the only problem i have is with The House of Dead: 2&3 3 works fine but 2 black screens when loading (im guessing a bad image there)

have you deleted your global cfg file as that may be the issue

warlord

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HyperVisor said:
I've seen a lot of discussions about dol replacement, but I don't seem to get an option for that in the game settings.

I've got an NTSC version of Sports Resort and have put the extracted file from Wiiscrubber in the root of the SD drive and renamed it to the correct 5 digit number for the NTSC version of the game.

However, I don't see any option to enable the dol replacement. I'd seen it on a video in an earlier version, but I don't see it in 1.0.

Any ideas?

I saw that your question didn't exactly get answered before so here goes...

Altdol was not implemented in v1.0 you have to update to a newer revision to enable this option. If you are strictly looking for stability I'd update to rev630 otherwise just update to the newest revision available. Also, you are using the channel and would need to download the latest dol and either boot from SD/USB with homebrew channel or install the forwarder channel and boot with that. I've had issues having both the forwarder channel and the loader channel installed at the same time, usually resulting in a blackscreen upon boot. You may want to uninstall your channel before using the forwarder. Hope that helps.

QUOTE(Hai1242 @ Aug 1 2009, 10:21 AM) Is there a way to run WAD-MAnager v1.5 within GXLoader? I get a black screen when I try. Thanks.

No, there isn't. There are a few programs that can't be booted through GX at this time including but not limited to WAD Manager 1.5, Genesis Plus GX, and Hugo GX. WAD Manager 1.4 should boot fine and seeing as there is really no way to utilize the new features of WAD Manager 1.5 yet most people should be content sticking with 1.4.

@ warlord007
HotD2&3 needs to be booted with cIOS 222 and have the IOS Reload Block turn ON to function properly. You will get a black screen if attempting to go back to the Wii Menu via the home button as the IOS Reload Block will prevent you from doing so. Just press Reset via the home button to return to the Wii Menu. If you want to use cIOS 249 you need to use the altdol method to boot HotD2.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Am I better off enabling 002 error fix for everything with cios14?
Before cios14 I only had to enable it for WSR, but now nearly everything I try gets the Error #002.

CoolGeneral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
warlord007 said:
I have the same setup as you all but 4.1e, even same 3 partitions

All the games work here ( the only problem i have is with The House of Dead: 2&3 3 works fine but 2 black screens when loading (im guessing a bad image there)

have you deleted your global cfg file as that may be the issue

warlord

the global cfg file was the root of all evil. ^^
since I've deleted it the games loaded flawlessly.

Thanks for help.
i have learned something new again.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chr0m said:
Am I better off enabling 002 error fix for everything with cios14?
Before cios14 I only had to enable it for WSR, but now nearly everything I try gets the Error #002.

Yes, you'll have to enable the 002fix. cIOS 249 rev14 does not have any 002 fix built in anymore since just about every loader now does this on its own.

Hrugnir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of curiousity, why is it that a few people get the 002 error on everything while I have not encountered it a single time? Am I just blessed?

Anyways, I'd like to ask about the Channel loading functionality. As it stands now, you can see both channels installed on NAND and on SD. I have like 40-50 channels on my SD, so most of the things that show up there are SD-based. However, I believe right now loading SD channels from GX does not work, which doesn't surprise me, but this isn't really an ideal solution. My question is if you plan on leaving it like this, implementing a filter to remove SD-based channels, or enabling SD support?

Ultimately, this whole thing should hopefully be solved by NAND emulation, but that's still a dream for now.

Bassetts

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dropshock.com
XP
Country
I apologise in advance if this has been answered but I have trawled the thread and search various terms but have not found a definite answer. Does USBLoader GX download/update the wiitdb.zip itself or does this always have to be done manually? It looks like it should be automatic if correct WiFi settings are present but I cannot get it to download. I have seen some people saying wiitdb.zip is updated when the update all option is selected but when I try an update I just get told everything is up-to-date.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hrugnir said:
Just out of curiousity, why is it that a few people get the 002 error on everything while I have not encountered it a single time? Am I just blessed?

Anyways, I'd like to ask about the Channel loading functionality. As it stands now, you can see both channels installed on NAND and on SD. I have like 40-50 channels on my SD, so most of the things that show up there are SD-based. However, I believe right now loading SD channels from GX does not work, which doesn't surprise me, but this isn't really an ideal solution. My question is if you plan on leaving it like this, implementing a filter to remove SD-based channels, or enabling SD support?

Ultimately, this whole thing should hopefully be solved by NAND emulation, but that's still a dream for now.
Is it still a dream?

How to load a System Menu custom theme from SD/USB, using cIOS38 rev14 + Menu Patcher v1.2

It's actually out but not documented and automated enough yet.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bassetts said:
I apologise in advance if this has been answered but I have trawled the thread and search various terms but have not found a definite answer. Does USBLoader GX download/update the wiitdb.zip itself or does this always have to be done manually? It looks like it should be automatic if correct WiFi settings are present but I cannot get it to download. I have seen some people saying wiitdb.zip is updated when the update all option is selected but when I try an update I just get told everything is up-to-date.
the update all option updates it, but if there isn't a new rev out I think it doesn't download anything. If you check the downloads section at the site at my sig you will see a guide of how to update it manually with the help of your pc (or just press 2 at the loader to show the info window and read the very tiny letters at the bottom)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P