• Views 7,201,374
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what its worth... I just got a really annoying crash / bug.

I'm running 409 with ciosrev10.

I've had a setup running just fine for a few days, I go to launch boom blox bash party for the first time, and it goes black... i wait for about 2 minutes, eventually turn the system off. Now, whenever I launch 409, it loads, but as soon as it appears the first cover is going to be drawn in the top left corner, it locks up, sits there for 3 seconds, and reboots to main menu.

I fired up an old version of ultimate loader, and it still recognizes my my HD, and boom blox even runs
tongue.gif

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling... no dice.

Gonna remix down to ciosrev9 once I can find it, see if that helps :/

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a list of games that don't work with this loader? so far I have 3 games that don't work and goes to a black screen, there are Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy and Vacation Sports, hopefully when cIOS rev12 comes out and is implemented with this loader, it will play those games as well as make a LAN adapter work with it too

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FuManChuu said:
For what its worth... I just got a really annoying crash / bug.

I'm running 409 with ciosrev10.

I've had a setup running just fine for a few days, I go to launch boom blox bash party for the first time, and it goes black... i wait for about 2 minutes, eventually turn the system off. Now, whenever I launch 409, it loads, but as soon as it appears the first cover is going to be drawn in the top left corner, it locks up, sits there for 3 seconds, and reboots to main menu.

I fired up an old version of ultimate loader, and it still recognizes my my HD, and boom blox even runs
tongue.gif

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling... no dice.

Gonna remix down to ciosrev9 once I can find it, see if that helps :/

Sounds like possibly the issue that people were having with one cover/disc label that was corrupt or the wrong size. Check all of your covers and see if that fixes it.

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this was mentioned before in this 300+ page thread but can you load cover and the GX dol from a Fat32 partition yet?

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
is there a list of games that don't work with this loader? so far I have 3 games that don't work and goes to a black screen, there are Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy and Vacation Sports, hopefully when cIOS rev12 comes out and is implemented with this loader, it will play those games as well as make a LAN adapter work with it too

I've played two of those (Wii Sports and Mario) on this loader with no problems. But for a general compatibility list, check here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Launcher_v1

jmag1961

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
I play this 3 games with this usb loader and they work right without problems

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitweasel said:
bnm81002 said:

I've played two of those (Wii Sports and Mario) on this loader with no problems. But for a general compatibility list, check here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Launcher_v1

what is your Wii setup? SMG and Vacation Sports are from backup discs but Wii Sports should be able to work though since it's an original disc?

acecube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
acecube said:
My Wii: First generation Wii (2006) + Wiikey 1 + HBC v.1.0.3 + waninkos 4.0 installer + cIOS rev9 installed + cIOS rev10 (installed after rev9)

I still have some issues with the update function of your loader.

Yesterday I downloaded rev420.dol, copied it to SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
After unlocking with ab121b I could upload the loader. The download seemed to work fine (I could see the progress bar)
After downloading it, the loader wanted me to reboot. The Wii went into the HBC automatically. I started "USB Loader GX" from HBC and I got the error message "Dies ist keine gültige Wii-Anwendung" (translated: "this is not a valid Wii application")
If I start it with the forwarder from the wii menu I get a black screen. (no error message).

Today I tried to update from rev423 to rev427 (also copied to SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol). When I try to update I get the same problem like above!

What can I do?

Has anybody here problems with the update function, too? The download of the newest version works but this new rev. can't be started.

Midget010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pitweasel said:
bnm81002 said:

On that list it says that Guitar Hero World Tour works, but I can't get it to work at all.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating today, after running off the official release build on the front page, I can no longer install games from the Wii Disc Drive, I click the plus to install and it starts to, but then the blue light goes on and no other prompt comes up (progress info or confirmation install prompt), and I have to force it to power down, I've tried many different games and cISO 222 and 249. Other loaders work fine to install from the disc drive, but this one fails everytime now.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dimok said:
NeoRame said:
sorry but im waiting for dimok, he want to change some stuff in the forwarder.....

I am done with that stuff. I added GX stuff to it. Fadein and fadeout are working. We can add progressbar or whatever now if we want to. (thought its not worth on 2secs load even on 4.5MB elf). Now it searches in the folder for boot.dol if not found it searches for boot.elf if that not found it returns to systemmenu.

So, this forwarder is specific for GX and will not work for other loaders, right ?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maduin said:
After updating today, after running off the official release build on the front page, I can no longer install games from the Wii Disc Drive, I click the plus to install and it starts to, but then the blue light goes on and no other prompt comes up (progress info or confirmation install prompt), and I have to force it to power down, I've tried many different games and cISO 222 and 249. Other loaders work fine to install from the disc drive, but this one fails everytime now.

yeah the same problem when I tried to install a game from the DVD, nothing appears on the loader screen and the blue light stays lit on the Wii

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WBFS Manager or MY Computer wont recognise my harddrive but the USB Loader will? how can i make it recognise it on my computer?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lubbo said:
WBFS Manager or MY Computer wont recognise my harddrive but the USB Loader will? how can i make it recognise it on my computer?

run the wbfs manager as administrator, and if necessarry manually assign a drive letter in computer management

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
kedest said:
Lubbo said:

run the wbfs manager as administrator, and if necessarry manually assign a drive letter in computer management

how do i manually assign a drive letter?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lubbo said:
kedest said:
Lubbo said:

how do i manually assign a drive letter?

in xp like this, might be a bit different for vista
control panel - administrative tools - computer management - storage - disk management

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==