• Views 7,271,676
  • Replies 29,400
  • Likes 48

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is a meaningful comment, but CIOS r19 using IOS 57 works for most games I tried with the loader. However, the new "Spongebobs Boating Bash" freezes at the opening graphic unless I use IOS 38. I'm sure this is a CIOS issue, but I thought I should mention it anyway.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
markmcrobie said:
I have a question about v919 - I installed it on both my Wii's and my parent's Wii, yet when I choose Settings > Update, my parent's Wii/GX simply comes back with either Yes or No updates, whereas mine asks if I want to update GX itself, WiiTDB, titles, etc.

We definitely both have the same version, v919, so just wondered why the different behaviour?
I don't think you have the same version. Since r600 (or somewhere around there) it was Update DOL or Update All. Around r800 it changed to Update DOL, WiiTDB and Languages.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
We definitely have the same verison, we both have Beta turned ON in the settings, and both Wii's say No Updates available if I try to update, and I distinctly remember updating both to Rev919.

B

Bladeforce

IS there anyway Sam N Max 2 can be run in GX? it runs the intro but crashes when loading main game.

My drive is formatted with WBFS and no problems with any games apart from this one

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bladeforce said:
IS there anyway Sam N Max 2 can be run in GX? it runs the intro but crashes when loading main game.

My drive is formatted with WBFS and no problems with any games apart from this one

Is the IOS Reload resistant usb loading sneek mod already released? If not the only way for now is to use configurable usb loader or NeoGamma + alt .dol disc+ + the correct .wdm(not uploaded yet anywhere).

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiPower said:
Bladeforce said:

Is the IOS Reload resistant usb loading sneek mod already released? If not the only way for now is to use configurable usb loader or NeoGamma + alt .dol disc+ + the correct .wdm(not uploaded yet anywhere).

Sam and Max 2 works with the .wdm file for Sam and Max 1 just rename it to R3Y.wdm.

EDIT: You need to use Cfg Loader or NeoGamma (latest revs) for the .wdm files to work.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, for the right price, i will sell banner space, audio ads, etc all over the loader. first come, first serve, anything goes, 1/2 screen ad with color and audio $500 ...

no, not really. the dude that hosts the update server told us about how his bandwidth is over 300GB / month just from the folder GX is using. so we tossed up this little message when you update with his url. maybe people get curious, maybe they go there and click some banners to help him pay for it. maybe they even buy whatever the hell it is that he's selling.

he's been hosting the updates since we first started with the online update without ever bitching about fees or anything like that, so i dont see the harm in throwing up his url after somebody updates so they know where it came from and maybe feel like showing some love.

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is wdm file support going to be added (WDM are currently supported in NeoGamma and CFG loader)? WDM files are used for IOS reloading games with multiple alternate dol files. For instance, if you were to select Sam and Max season 1, a menu would pop up with the following options:

Main Menu
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Tutorial

Games with multiple alternate dol include Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Sam and Max Season 1, Sam and Max Season 2.

RJ8.wdm - Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Code:
Staff of Kings
main
Fate of Atlantis
FateAtlantis
R3M.wdm - Metroid Prime Trilogy
Code:
Main Menu
main
Metroid Prime 1
rs5m?1_?
Metroid Prime 2
rs5m?2_?
Metroid Prime 3
rs5m?3_?
R3X.wdm - Sam and Max Season 1
Code:
#Number of menu items
#Number of sub entries
#Text to display
Main Menu
#Dolname
main
#Parameter
#Number of sub entries
Episode 1
main
Episode 2
main
0x21
Episode 3
main
Episode 4
main
Episode 5
main
Episode 6
main
Tutorial
main
R3Y.wdm - Sam and Max Season 2
Code:
#Number of menu items
#Number of sub entries
#Text to display
Main Menu
#Dolname
main
#Parameter
#Number of sub entries
Episode 1
main
Episode 2
main
0x21
Episode 3
main
Episode 4
main
Episode 5
main
Tutorial
main

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.. I will go with r920 then.
smile.gif

EDIT: It freeze on the black screen when I load new super mario bros. I go back to r883.dol which I used and it works perfectly fine. Is that because I need Herme 222 rev 5 for r920? I have Herme 222 rev 4.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
r-win said:
I don't think you have the same version. Since r600 (or somewhere around there) it was Update DOL or Update All. Around r800 it changed to Update DOL, WiiTDB and Languages.

The difference was she was using a channel whereas I have a forwarder

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Thanks.. I will go with r920 then.
smile.gif

EDIT: It freeze on the black screen when I load new super mario bros. I go back to r883.dol which I used and it works perfectly fine. Is that because I need Herme 222 rev 5 for r920? I have Herme 222 rev 4.
Might be conflicting configuration files. I would start off clean for r920.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth