USB Loader GX won't recognize flash drive. 4.3u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by VGWiiUser, Jun 7, 2014.

1. VGWiiUser
    OP

VGWiiUser Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2014
    United States
    I'm having a very difficult time getting USB Loader GX to recognize my flash drive to load wbfs files and I've tried everything I could think of, as well read many guides and previously posted issues. At this point I'm trying to find a current, legitimate syscheck download, for Wii 4.3u. To describe my problem in more detail:I put the flash drive into the bottom usb slot, then launch USB Loader GX. At this point it hangs on initializing USB device and eventually times out saying no USB device found. If I place the flash drive in the top slot USB Loader GX seems to freeze the wii at the configuring cIOS splash text, just before the initializing USB text.

I followed these steps to install v10-beta52: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

I've attempted to load USB Loader GX through homebrew and the forwarder with the same end results.

Do I need to configure USB Loader GX in a certain manner to recognize flash drives? I don't see how this could be a cIOS issue as I just used the d2x-installer to install over stub 249(56) and 250(57). The guide states you don't need to restore the trucha bug so I didn't mess with any of that.

It may be worth noting as well, that when I tried to initialize the flash drive via Wad Manager 1.7 that the Wii froze/action failed. I've tried running the flash drive as FAT32 as well WBFS.

Edited: I tried NTFS format on an entirely different flash drive with new results. I'm not getting any error messages about not detecting the drive but the loader doesn't seem to find any games on it.

2. VGWiiUser
    OP

VGWiiUser Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2014
    United States
    Resolved. I tried a different flash drive formatted as NTFS, applied files on it as wbfs, as I've been doing. This stopped any errors I was receiving. I then went into USB Loader GX and configured it to show all games(nand, gamecube, and so on)