USB Loader GX won't load SSBB from external hard drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by MushGuy, Nov 21, 2014.

1. MushGuy
    OP

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    So I tried a new enclosure for my 640GB Seagate Barracuda hard drive, now that the old enclosure is dead, and many of my old games worked in USB Loader GX, except for Brawl (and by extension Project M), because it keeps getting stuck at a black screen (Brawl) or at the "now loading" screen (Project M). And this is really odd, because it did work with the old Maxtor enclosure before it died. In fact, when I copied the game to a USB stick, and loaded it from there, it did work, but it always gets stuck when loaded from the hard drive. I also tried defragmenting, but no luck. Any ideas you guys? Could it be some setting in the enclosure itself and now I have to find some program to fix it? This is the enclosure that I'm using now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182155

Edit: I tried Donkey Kong Country Returns, too. It doesn't work either.

2. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Any help, people? Could it be that the new enclosure is causing spindowns, or is it just a HDD thing? I remember disabling the spindown when it was in its old Maxtor enclosure.

Update: I think I found out the problem. I tried Configurable USB Loader, and both Brawl and DKCR worked, so the actual problem is that USB Loader GX is not fully compatible with my new enclosure, but CFG USB Loader is.

3. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    And I FINALLY found the problem! I deleted the individual game settings file, and the games I mentioned finally work again in GX! It must have been some setting that must have been preventing the games from loading. but it's all good now. Looks like I won't be returning my new enclosure after all. ;)