USB Loader GX with FAT32 drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fraggedbylaggers, May 17, 2010.

May 17, 2010
  1. fraggedbylaggers
    OP

Newcomer fraggedbylaggers Newbie

Albania
    Hello everyone! Long-time reader, first-time poster [​IMG]

I have a USA wii menu 3.1

I am trying to run my backups off a FAT32 drive with USB Loader GX but even though it is supposedly supported I always get the message "No WBFS partition found" which I don't really understand since I have read about FAT being supported.

I understand everything about putting the .wbfs files onto the external HDD but I just cannot get the FAT drive to be recognized by the loader (keeps asking for WBFS)

Any thoughts on this?

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Don't use GX, use another loader (CFG-Loader would be recommended). Simple as that.

Reason: GX is buggy as hell, updates sometimes break things, it's really complicated and buggy. As far as I read, rev921 is currently the rev everyone is using. You can try to use that one.

And: Why couldn't you ask this in the GX-Topic, where it belongs?

3. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Also, while you can run USBLoaderGX with just a USB FAT32 partition, the last time I tried to setup from scratch I needed an sdcard for it to save the settings onto.
    After that you can move the settings onto your USB drive, you probably want to do a find & replace so it loads everything from USB as well.

You need a CIOS that supports FAT32 as well, hermes v4 is the most likely to work.

4. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom

I love people that post a quote that "they have heard!"

GX is just fine works great and looks far better than anything else, and yes I have actually tried WiiFlow and CFG as well.

The reasons for the issues are that as standard GX starts up in ios249 and 222 is required for it to run in FAT32, I put in a WBFS drive to start with, GX will load, in the main game settings change the global game load to 222. Now insert another (or format the original) FAT32 drive. If it helps partition the drive to have a 5GB WBFS partition.

Use rev921 (above 921 is to try and get the loader working with 222v5 and this seems to have caused a few issues with ripping games)

GX will rip games to FAT32 (however this takes a long time - when the ripping process reaches 100% 5 - 14 mins it takes about the same time again to finally create the image) Due to the time I usually rip to the WBFS partition, then use backup manager to move it to the FAT partition and rename it if needed
    delete the glogal.cfg settings before settin g up to FAT