Hacking USB Loader GX sub folder issue

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hi guys and gals,

I'm really hoping someone can help me here as its starting to drive me up the wall. I've just soft modded my friends Wii so he could use USB loader GX(I'm currently using wiiflow), but basically i copied some of my games from my HDD to his and usb loader gx cant seem to find games in sub folders. i don't want to have to cut and paste all the games from there sub folders as everything is organised neatly. is there a way for me to make USB loader GX find games in sub folders.

I'm Using USB Loader GX 2.3c
example
currently it loads games like this
usb/wbfs/game.wbfs

but i want it to do this
usb/wbfs/game title/game.wbfs

cheers for any help

aab203

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the same problem as well. Wiiflow seems to pick up .wbfs files in sub-folders without issue, and as Madr0x I would like to keep my files in sub-folders for organisation.

On a similar note I cannot see any game titles for the files I have on my flash drive, in USB Loader GX. Using Wiiflow I can see the filenames... so I'm not quite sure whats going on. I've installed the latest version - 2.3

Is there a filename convention that I should follow?

Thanks in advance

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USBloaderGX require the GAMEID in the folder name to speed the game listing process. (it prevent mounting each games one by one to read the internal GameID).

Launch WiiBackupManager, go into the settings > FAT32/NTFS > select the sub-folder naming convention to Filename_[GameID] (for example), and check the option "Automatically update storage convention on HDD mount". Accept and exit the settings.

Then go to Disk 1 tab, mount the HDD and all the folders will be renamed with a USBloaderGX (and Wiiflow) compatible format.

Reactions: 1 person

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
USBloaderGX require the GAMEID in the folder name to speed the game listing process. (it prevent mounting each games one by one to read the internal GameID).

Launch WiiBackupManager, go into the settings > FAT32/NTFS > select the sub-folder naming convention to Filename_[GameID] (for example), and check the option "Automatically update storage convention on HDD mount". Accept and exit the settings.

Then go to Disk 1 tab, mount the HDD and all the folders will be renamed with a USBloaderGX (and Wiiflow) compatible format.

cheers mate that solved my problem. i now know why it wasnt working before i had my games like so game title[game id][region].
as soon as i had removed the region everything popped up in usb loader :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol