Hacking USB Loader GX NTFS Drive

habsfan0101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been viewing the forums here for weeks & have managed successfully implement what I've learned. Thanks to all for the great info.

Now to my question:

I've got a 500gig drive formatted as NTFS. In the root of the drive I have a folder named WBFS. In that folder are .wbfs files and .txt files, (Eg. R2IE69.wbfs and xxxx.txt). Files were transferred to NTFS drive from a working WBFS formatted drive using Wii Game Manager 1.3. When I run USB Loader GX it can detect the NTFS drive, (For example, I can change the covers path to the NTFS drive) however there are no games in the list. I'm very new to USB loaders, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. I would prefer to use NTFS if possible. From what I've read, it appears that WBFS formatted drives are on the way out and FAT is just undesirable to me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

richjamrosz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this a little too late. Just spent hours formatting to ntfs with a /WBFS/ folder to see that it didn't work. Thinking that it was the ntfs support wasn't 100%, I then formatted to Fat32 and got almost all my games copied over when I saw this. So back on my main drive I just renamed the folder in lower case and all was good. Kinda happy that ntfs is good, but sad I wasted several hours troubleshooting over a casing problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k