Hacking USB Loader GX not loading games

Azure30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got USB Loader GX working fine with my HDD. I've set up a friends Wii to do the same thing, but for his games I'm attempting to use his flash stick. I've formatted it with WBFS, and loaded a couple games on it. Everything was looking fine... got into USB Loader GX... the games appeared on the list... I click to load one of them... and no dice! The disc slot on the Wii lights up and the system hangs there. The little window that shows the disc spinning before you hit play does not appear and the usual music USB Loader GX uses is still playing fine, but the system is unresponsive to any controls and I have to hold the power button in to shut it down.

Am I doing anything wrong or is the flash stick ultimately not able to work with this? Do I have any other options that could help me load games from a flash stick and not an HDD? I don't know much about the flash stick, just the label on it that reads: Dane Elec 16GB. I mean, the program found the games just fine, I'm guessing due to where the program 'hangs' (right before the 'disc spin') means that this drive doesn't support a constant power supply like my HDD does, and thus can't run like that does.

Confirm/Deny/Help. Thanks.

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hello sir, ive ran games from a flash stick before and they've ran just fine!! I dont know much, but ive set up mine and a few mates, so i guess i have some knowledge!!

Personally, if i couldn't get games to load, i would update my wii through nintendo official update and then re-install all the software again (cios, homebrew channel, usbloader), just incase there was a glitch when you were installing something!! just my opinion though! but my wii stopped booting games in the passed and i just re-done everything and now touch wood, i haven't had a problem in well over a year!

im sure someone else will reply, i'm interrested to see other peoples replies also!
happy gaming!

Azure30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, well I should also point out that under the same settings, my friends Wii perfectly handles running backups off my HDD, but not the stick (same goes for my own Wii as well). I'm just assuming it's a stick issue but I'm wondering why some sticks are compatible when mine is not, or if there are different settings I could try to get this to work, etc.

Also, my friends Wii was at 4.2 when I setup all the homebrew/cIOS. Everything runs fine just not with this stick.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there was some issues with the latest versions of USB GX. Try using Rev 921 or below!

newby1976

Trophies
XP
Country
the wii can be really picky about which harddrives fully work, i had a harddrive that gave the same result as you seem to have ...... so i guess it picky with usb drives too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs