1. Oshikuru

OP Oshikuru Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    To summarize, my problem is this:

Every time I play a game from USB Loader and exit the game, it sends me back to the Wii Main Menu, that's ok. But when I try loading USB Loader one more time to choose another game, it won't initialize my external HDD.

It says "Waiting for HDD: X Seconds left" and once it finishes loading it says

"Error: USB Device not initialized. Switching to Channel List mode."

Sometimes performing a full shut down and trying again works, but sometimes I even need to plug the HDD into my computer and copy-paste the USB Loader GX App Folder into it again.

I have an 8GB Flash Drive that works just fine on this Wii, I can exit and load USB Loader GX again with no problem, but I would like to have more games in the same drive...

What am I missing?

I've bought this Wii a few days ago. It came with this 320GB HDD with over 200 Wii games, it would load just fine the first time, but on the second I would get a "DSI Exception" black screen and suddenly it stopped working (the HDD wouldn't load anymore), so I sorrowfully formatted it in Fat32 and I've been trying putting some games into it.

But before I commit to transferring lots of games into it, I would like to solve this issue with the USB Loader GX.

This Wii didn't come with any SD Card (do I really need to have one?), it also doesn't have the Homebrew channel installed, only the USB Loader Channel.

My biggest issue is I've never soft moded a Wii before, sometimes I think about undoing this softmod and start from ground one because most of the time I'm reading a forum about how to proceed in certain situations, I can't understand most of the things people are saying.

The Wii modding is harder than the PS3 one... On PS3 you only have to plug a flash drive, access a website and it's done.

2. Oshikuru

OP Oshikuru Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I've noticed that when it won't load my HDD anymore, I MUST delete the App File folder within the HDD and copy/paste it again. Simply pasting and rewriting the existing files doesn't work. I need to delete the whole folder first.

Once I finishing copying the folder again, it works.
    What should I do?

3. DarthMotzkus

DarthMotzkus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Buy a 32GB+ Pen drive. I always had trouble with wii and wii u usb crap ports. Pen drives with higher capacity solved all my problems. If you want to end your issues, buy at least a 32GB SanDisk Pen drive.

4. Maq47

Maq47 Founder of Woolooism

United States
    Oshikuru likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - exiting, loading, Problem