Hacking USB Loader GX + Nintendont: Memory Emulation

RR1917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use USB Loader GX with Nintendont often to play many of my games. Before I got an HDD, I used to burn the games on discs and use my SD Card to save my progress using memory emulation. Recently, I got a HDD and attached it to my Wii, but now USB Loader GX won't use the saves from my SD Card, but rather from my HDD. Is there any way to have my games play from the HDD and the saves come from the SD Card?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For wii games, you can set the path in the settings (emuNAND save path)

for gamecube games, the savegame path is always the same than the currently loaded device (SD or USB).
when you play from disc, it also mounts the SD. but when you play from USB it can't mount SD at the same time.
What you can do it put your gamecube games on SD card. someone reported 128GB SDXC is working on wii, so you should have enough space for few games at a time.

USBLoaderGX has a menu to manage games on SD and copy them from USB to SD, but it's kind of hidden. I'll try to add a proper option to call that menu.

RR1917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I use Nintendont with USB LOADER GX on a game on my USB, it gives a dsi exception. But if I run an iso that was burned onto a disc, it runs perfectly fine (but then gives a "disc cover is open" error). I use the default settings for USB LOADER GX. I installed IOS249[56]v10b53 so why is this happening? The USB I use is a 1.5TB Seagate FreeAgent.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it doesn't tell me where the error happens.
does the DSI happen inside USBLoaderGX interface, or inside Nintendont ?
Which version of nintendont did you use? did you try older version ?

RR1917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it doesn't tell me where the error happens.
does the DSI happen inside USBLoaderGX interface, or inside Nintendont ?
Which version of nintendont did you use? did you try older version ?

The DSI error happens in Nintendont but only when I load it from USB Loader GX. I used the latest version of Nintendont.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried it and it didn't crash.
gx 1260
nin 4.422

it was long to create the memory card (30secs?), but it worked.
so it's not an issue with the config file or the passed arguments. (unless it's a specific enabled option which makes nintendont crash, you should try different settings)
it's maybe an issue in nintendont itself, you should ask in nintendont thread because you are not the first one to report it.

Did you try launching the game using another loader? (wiiflow)
just to confirm is the issue is only with USBGX or with all external loaders.

RR1917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if it works on cfg usb loader or wiiflow, it wouldn't be useful as there isn't any memory emulation (there isn't right?)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "try another loader" was to see if there's a DSI error with other loaders too, or if it's specific to USBLoaderGX.
I didn't suggest to use wiiflow or CFG as prefered loader in the future. I also don't know which config are available in other loaders.
just try and see if there's a DSI or not with other loaders. (and that selected configs are working, because if the settings are too old, nintendont will not read them and will fallback to default settings which shouldn't create any DSI).

Did you try different nintendont settings in USBGX?
Did you try to compare the settings generated by USBGX and the one generated by nintendont? (hexeditor required)

RR1917

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now Nintendont gives an error "failed to create memory card file" even though I already have save data on my SD card

Last edited by RR1917,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1