Hacking USB Loader GX lost my save

Noizecreep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I’ve been playing Super Mario Galaxy on USB Loader GX and originally we created a game and got 4 stars. We exited and went back in and the save didn’t show up. So then I went into settings and Set Nand Save Emulation to Full. We started a new game and got 20 stars in and then I selected Extract Save to Emu Nand, thinking that it would be good to backup my save....

but now the 20 star save is missing and weirdly the other save that had 4 stars has come back.

WTF is going on? How can I get my old save file back?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1. You play SMG and got 4 stars - game save on nand
2. You set Nand Save Emulation to full and got 20 stars - game save on Emunand
3. You extract Save to Emu Nand - copied your Nand save to Emu Nand
so you literally overwrote your 20 stars game save with the 4 stars one.

Noizecreep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the reply. That’s a shame, guess I’ll just have to start again then. But then why didn’t the first 4 star save show up originally? When we first went back to the game and the files were empty we decided to start a new one and I haven’t been able to access that earlier save until just now? It’s so weird...

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
who knows, maybe you have tried neek, set Emu Nand to partial or whatever that redirected your save location to somewhere. The original save is still there in real nand and starting the game tries to look at that "somewhere" and hence no data.

"extract Save to Emu Nand" in usbloadergx will always extract from real nand and copy to the defined Emu Nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg