USB Loader GX Issue: Slow EmuNAND

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Rainierman, Mar 1, 2013.

Mar 1, 2013
  1. Rainierman
    OP

Newcomer Rainierman Newbie

United States
    Hello, I present the exact same trouble as the guy here. I was afraid it was just me, but I finally found someone documenting the same issue. xD With a different game even. Anyways, I'll describe it:

I figure (I have only tried it with one game) Nand Emulation works just fine, either partial or full. BUT when I play Rock Band 3, it's noticeably slower than not. And it gets worse as you add DLC. And eventually, it hangs the moment it shows Loading Downloaded Content, not before, nor after.

So far, I have tried MANY things, and I have detailed them plenty in WiiHacks, because I tried my luck there first. Here's the topic if you want to take a look, here it is. (They don't host questionable content, so I think it's fine to link them, right?) There are a couple more things I intend to try, and I'll keep you guys informed through this topic.

But if 2 different users are presenting the same issue, then it's not just an isolated case, and it's time to raise awareness on it xD. Because if it's not me, then something that ought to be fixed. And, I'll help in any way I can x). Thanks for reading!

Edit: Solved! Kinda. It's not USB Loader GX, because it turns out that the same happens with WiiFlow. So I suppose it's a cIOS thing and not about the loaders (good for you guys! xD). If you're more interested, I went into more detail in that WiiHacks topic. So woah! Finally I know what's going on. Sorry to having bothered you so :). At least anyone that encounters the same problem won't have to go through the same as I did.

Well, I'll take the chance and say: thanks for your works! :D. Bye bye!

2. raspy

Newcomer raspy Member

Canada
    Yes the issue is the same with Wiiflow as well. I just didn't update my posting at the time to advise. The delays are mainly with games that have downloadable content (DLC). For "Just Dance 4" the gameplay is fine but it's the initial start-up that was annoying because it took at least 3 minutes to continue loading after the screen about holding the wii remote. I kind of just got use to it and load the game ahead of time before playing. But if nand emulation is turned off then everything loads normally with the real nand (no delays). Of course, I don't want to use the real nand because the wii internal memory will get used up quickly with all the DLCs.

Have you considered using SNEEK/UNEEK+DI? Launch USB Loader GX, disable EmuNAND, launch game?

3. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    The reason is that Nand chips are MUCH MUCH faster that any USB 2.0.

4. raspy

Newcomer raspy Member

Canada
    True but other games that doesn't have DLC are working fine. I am only having problems with DLC games. Anyways, the delay is more of a nag but I can live with it.

5. Solaris19

Newcomer Solaris19 Member

Canada
    How did you manage to solve this exactly??? The music store takes FOREVER to load and downloading songs is EVEN worse? I have been searching for days now! I am using Uneek + di.

6. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Also d2x cios does have problems with some WIFI games in combination with emunand functionality.

7. Solaris19

Newcomer Solaris19 Member

Canada
    Ah so the cios is the culprit? Huumm since it is the most recent one, I guess we won't have a fix anytime soon hu?