USB Loader GX - Install to emunand quickly

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by rsn8887, Oct 8, 2015.

1. rsn8887
    OP

rsn8887 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I am using USB Loader GX - an amazing piece of work!

Right now, I am trying to find a way to quickly install games to EmuNand using USB Loader GX.

Currently, for every game, I have to go to Settings/Features/scroll all the way down/Install to EmuNand, use the pointer to select the game and move the pointer to press ok. When I select the wad it is not highlighted, making it hard to judge what will happen when I press "OK".

Is there a quicker way to do use this menu option without using the pointer? Maybe a button I can press for "OK" or something like that?

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The quickest way to do it is using your PC. You can use ShowMiiWads to install them directly to your EmunNAND folder.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I will add a batch install option, to install all wads from a folder.
    I'm currently trying to think how I'll manage failed installation (probably will report at the end of the full install batch all the errors)

until then, just use a PC with ShowMiiWads.

4. ngs428

ngs428 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Hi Cyan. Has there been any progress on the batch install? Just wondering. If not I will give me showmiiwads a shot. Have never looked into that program.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    sorry, I haven't started work on it.
    I played a lot of games instead (yeaahh, that's bad :lol: )

but it should be easy to add.
    most code are already in other places in the loader : reading a folder, listing files with only specific extension are in the homebrew browser file. (it's listing all .dol and .elf)
    so, wad installer -> prompt "install file or folder ?" choice.
    if folder, then for each wad file in selected folder, run the wad installer.

But it also need a way to manage errors. because there are probably corrupted wads, or full SD, etc.

it would be better to uninstall the partially installed wads and at the end show a list of non-installed wads.
    So, create a vector to store each wads, remove the successful install, skip the bad one. at the end the vector contains only the bad install. try to uninstall the bad ones and report to the user how many are not installed, probably export as csv too?

6. ngs428

ngs428 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    As you should. Have fun :D.

7. ngs428

ngs428 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Report would be nice. Sounds like you were able to walk through the the flow chart of the process..

Your process makes sense.

8. ngs428

ngs428 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for guiding me to showmiiwads. Quick, efficient program. Thanks!