Hacking USB Loader GX "Initialize SD Card" Problem!

oli200110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
ah, you just added the ISO to your partition?
you didn't add another game after Zelda to WBFS partition format?

You should use FAT32 anyway if you are re-adding new games.
I thought you had an old WBFS formated HDD, and wanted to keep it to not lose your games.
But if you are doing it anew again, just format it to FAT32 and use WiiBackupManager (NEVER use "WBFS manager" which corrupts games ISO!)
ok, thanks! :)

Last edited by oli200110,

oli200110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks Cyan!:D Now USB Loader GX works, and i updated it...I tried Kirby's adventure and it works, mario galaxy works too...only zelda does not: it still shows error #001..

I have a WBFS formatted HDD, and i didn't just add an iso, i added the games with WBFS manager, but i'll change to FAT32 later :D...i didn't have and old hdd with my games, because my old wii played games which were burned on dvds, and i played them with neogamma...

Thanks again Cyan! :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One last thing...can we get zelda working somehow? what do you think causes the problem?

Last edited by oli200110,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course you can get zelda working.
your issue with Zelda not working is : WBFS manager.
I told you, don't use this program. if you want to add a game to a WBFS partition format, use "Wii Backup Manager" instead.

And yes, you just added an ISO, you told me just just re-used the same torrent to add that game again. Sp you just added an ISO of Zelda to the WBFS partition.
but WBFS partition are unstable and easily corrupted.

To fix zelda :
Delete the game from your WBFS partition
use wii backup Manager to re-add it.
Don't add another game after adding Zelda. (Last added game is always working 100%, old games can be corrupted when added new game)

or

use FAT32 partition format, and use Wii Backup Manager to add the game.
With FAT32, no game corruption anymore.

You can convert your existing WBFS partition to FAT32 without losing games, but already corrupted games will still be corrupted after conversion.

Also, do not use any of the "emuNAND" options in the loader with that game.

You almost bricked your WiiU, just because you are using an old partition format...
I hope you will ask for help next time before installing/editing your softmod ;)

oli200110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Of course you can get zelda working.
your issue with Zelda not working is : WBFS manager.
I told you, don't use this program. if you want to add a game to a WBFS partition format, use "Wii Backup Manager" instead.

And yes, you just added an ISO, you told me just just re-used the same torrent to add that game again. Sp you just added an ISO of Zelda to the WBFS partition.
but WBFS partition are unstable and easily corrupted.

To fix zelda :
Delete the game from your WBFS partition
use wii backup Manager to re-add it.
Don't add another game after adding Zelda. (Last added game is always working 100%, old games can be corrupted when added new game)

or

use FAT32 partition format, and use Wii Backup Manager to add the game.
With FAT32, no game corruption anymore.

You can convert your existing WBFS partition to FAT32 without losing games, but already corrupted games will still be corrupted after conversion.

Also, do not use any of the "emuNAND" options in the loader with that game.

You almost bricked your WiiU, just because you are using an old partition format...
I hope you will ask for help next time before installing/editing your softmod ;)

OMG OMG OMG!!! Zelda IS WORKING!!! I formatted my drive to FAT32, and put my games on it with wii backup manager, like you said... And Zelda is working with the others too!!!:D Thanks Cyan! Without you, i could only f@ck my vwii up, instead of fixing it..:D Thanks for everything! I will always ask you, if i have a problem, and not look it up on Youtube :D THANKS!

Reactions: Cyan

MrCarpenter

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello i have a wii v 4.2 , i had ut softmodded and installed the latest version of usb loader gx ,but when it reaches the sd card intialiazing ,its just freezing , its so annoying and i cant find how to fix it...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
be sure it's formatted as FAT32, not exFAT.
try another SD card to see if the problem is the card, or the console, or the loader.
try another homebrew to see if it can mount the card properly (like wiixplorer)
try resetting the settings of you updated from a very old loader version (delete the /options/GXGlobal.cfg file if you have it)

the thing is to test "other thing" to narrow the possibilities and find the problem, either the hardware, the software, the settings, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.