Usb Loader GX help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Caleb64, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Caleb64
    OP

Caleb64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    I am trying to use USB Loader GX on an old Wii because the disk drive doesn't work, but when I try to load a game, the screen goes black for a while and then it goes back to the homebrew channel. I installed cIOS 249 base 56 v10 beta52 and cIOS 250 base 57 v10 beta52. I am using a 32 GB flash drive formatted with NTFS, and I used Wii backup manager to get the wbfs files. All the settings in USB loader GX are set to the default, except for the loader's IOS in the loader settings, which I set to IOS 58 in order to get it to work with my USB flash drive.

2. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Several things are not right here.
    1. Don't use beta versions for cIOS 249 and 250. Use the final versions. (update with ModMii)
    2. Don't use a flash drive. Use a USB hard disk. And format it to FAT32, not NTFS.
    3. The Loader's IOS should be 249 or 250 for the game to launch (a custom IOS (cIOS) is there to allow launching your backup copy)

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Your setup is good (don't listen to what he said, even if he is not wrong, but d2x v10 r52 is perfectly fine)
    your IOS setting to 58 is good, NTFS is good too even though not recommended. FAT32 is recommended, but v10 + NTFS + IOS58, it works.
    v8 + FAT32 + IOS58 is better, but not mandatory.

your problem is because you use an incompatible device : DO NOT USE FLASH DRIVES !!!!!
    How many times do we have to explain that?

Buy an external HDD ! NO FLASH DRIVE !

or, you just plugged the flash in the wrong USB Port....... can't you try the other port?

Last edited by Cyan, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Caleb64
    OP

Caleb64 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2018
    United States
    Okay, thanks! I will try using an external HDD.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    try using the other USB Port first. You need to use USB Port 0.
    on Wii, you MUST plug the drive to bottom port (the one near the edge of the console).

on vWii, USB Port0 is located at the top back of the console (not the bottom).