USB Loader GX help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Gullwing, Jun 4, 2009.

Jun 4, 2009

USB Loader GX help by Gullwing at 1:06 PM (17,650 Views / 0 Likes) 32 replies

1. Gullwing
    OP

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    So I'm on 4.0 Pal on my wii with Wiikey (And I can install wads)... I want to install USB loader (because I'm bored of DVDs) but I can't... I followed this guide (for Wanikoko's v1.1 USB Loader and installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad) but when i plug my Freecom 80GB usb drive nothing comes up... I tried installing USB Loader GX but freezes too.... What do I have to do???

Maybe I do have to downgrade???

When I put my USB cable it doesn't regocnize it.... What can I do???

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Quit spamming and have patience.

3. squablo

Member squablo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You are already on 4.0 and can install wads? Well try this. Install homebrew channel, then install cIOS rev 12. After that make sure your usb hard drive is plugged into the bottom usb port (bottom as in, if your wii is laying down, it would be the bottom most port) Then run USBLoader GX from the homebrew channel.

Best advice I can give ya. If this doesnt work, then maybe your hard drive is not compatable, or maybe you need to format the drive to WBFS?

Anyways, good luck

4. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I've tried with cIOS rev 9 and 10.. now I'll try rev12... actually the light of my hard drive is lighting up... Thanks a lot

5. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Did you format the drive to WBFS? Because otherwise it won't work.

6. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    rev 12 doesn't work... No... I thought that the usb loader would do it if it would find the hard disk...

7. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I used WBFS Manager 3.0 and formated my drive.. But still when I connect it it doesn't regocnise it... I tried cIOS rev 9,10,12 and 13.... Help?

8. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Your drive may simply not work. Try starting USB Loader GX with any kind of flash stick or something in it. Any kind of usb drive at all other than what you've been trying.

9. digital8

Newcomer digital8 Member

Netherlands
    You probably have the same problem i have with my HDD, here's a temporarily solution till it gets fixed.

Install cIOS38 Rev13
    Install USBLoader GX

Make sure your HDD is turned off
    Now start USBLoader GX
    When you get the "No USB drive found" message choose IOS249
    You'll get a 30sec. countdown now turn your HDD drive on

Your HDD should now be fount in a mather of seconds.

Have phun.... [​IMG]

10. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    No it doesn't work... I used a usb stick and it worked... I formated my usb drive from TFBS to fat32 (because my usb stick was fat32 and I thought it might have worked) but it doesn't... I tried my usb hdd both in fat32 and WFBS in cIOS 9,10,12,13 but doesn't work... when I plug my hdd on my wii , the drives light, lights up... but when I enter the usb loader gx channel the light switches off but the hdd continues to work... isnt my hdd supported?.....

11. digital8

Newcomer digital8 Member

Netherlands
  12. sonoranreptile

Newcomer sonoranreptile Member

United States
    Gullwing, which revision of USB Loader GX are you using. The same thing was happening to me. Now I am using the r447 channel and cIOS rev12 and everything is perfecto so far.

13. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
  14. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I tried r447, 446 and 463, revision 448... but none pf it work on cIOSs 9, 10, 12, 13.......... What can I do? I'm so mad... I'm trying this fuck*ng thing from yestrerday... I formated my hd from NTFS to Fat 32, used WFBS partition, tried every cIOS, tried every rev, tried 2 usb loaders but this fuck*ng thing doesn't work....

15. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I use a FREECOM Mobile Drive classic 2.5 80GB...

16. digital8

Newcomer digital8 Member

Netherlands
    Did you install a USBLoader wad or are you starting the USBLoader via the Homebrew channel.?

I installed the USBLoader GX forwarder wad, that way i can download USBLoader GX updates from within the USBLoader GX.

I think that your problem is related to your harddrive, are you able to borrow a USB Drive from a friend or collega to try.?

Have you been able to put games on the Driver using a program like WFBS Manager, here's a download link...

http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

If that works then at lease we know that your harddrive is formated the right way and games are available on it for the USBLoader GX to find.

17. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I'm using both wad and dol versions, but no result. I tried USB Loader gx with a usb stick of mine and it worked. I have WBFS manager and formated my HD from NTFS to Fat 32 (with another program) and then to WBFS, but still nothing. Note that I formated to WBFS from my PC and not from my wii (USB Loader GX) because usb loader can't even find my HD

18. Gullwing
    OP

Greece
    I did just install a game on my HD with WBFS manager but USB Loader doesn't regocnise it.

19. bula

Member bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Did you try a different loader? I would install rev10 and then try wanni's 1.5. Give it a try if this will not work then I am 99.9% sure is your USB drive (not all USB drivers work).

20. bula

Member bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Now I am 100% sure your drive will not work. Stop installing cIOSs it is nothing wrong with your system if it worked with a USB flash drive should work with a USB HD, your problem is your HD. Not all of HD works do a search and you will find what works and buy one of those drives. :-( Or wait for rev. 14, maybe ...you never know.