rudedoggx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've just softmodded my new wii, and I'm trying to get USB Loader GX to work with my harddrive. For some reason, it works on my 4g Flash drive, but not my USB Hard drive. I know it's compatible because I used to use it to run backups on my old Wii, and it worked just fine. Now, whenever I try to run a game, I get a black screen, and sometimes it says error: bad magic. I'm using CIOS 249 R 19, And Hermes v5. My version is of the Loader is r921. I tried using 929 and I had the same issues, so I switched to this, because people said it would work better.

All I needed to do to get it work was use FAT32 instead of WBFS.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, bad magic? I am guessing your harddrive is partitioned to Fat32? If it is, I would recommend configurable loader instead of USB gx. I have had numerous problems with USB gx ever since I used Fat32 partition with the newest CIOS's (Herme's and Wannin's) and latests GX revs

mopete27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to change your settings to run it on 222 and yes to error 002 correcting. i was having the same problem so let me know if that helps.

Posts merged

i'm running on rev14 with gx 929

mopete27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. at work right now but i would make sure all your CIOs are up to date. i would recommend keep tinkering with your settings b/c if it is recognizing the drive and the games on it, i would think it'd be a settings issue

denots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting exactly the same problem, havent seen an error message pop up, im probably not waiting long enough.
i had USB loader working fine for the last few days. when i put a 1TB external drive i made a FAT32 partition about 5gbs and the rest was WBSF. Was able to install games from dvd drive, add games from PC right onto ext hdd and was able to play/load off of partition. the hdd.
i figured i didnt need 900+gb of space only for wii games and id rather have ntfs on the 1st partition. i read somewhere that WBFS would screw up if i tried to move/resize the partition. only had about 10 games on drive so i figured id just wipe it all and start over. formatting went fine, installing from dvd and copying from pc went fine. The first game i tested was a resort sports i had just DL'd the iso for, it didnt work, figured it was just that it was a dud. All other games fail the same way, after i click to load the game, screen goes black like the game is going to load, but it never does.
im about to reformat with FAT32/WBSF like i had the last time it worked.

EDIT. same black screen on game load from iso. out of trouble shooting ideas. any IOS/WAD or whatever was on and working until i reformatted the drive, so its hard to think that they are the problem.

denots

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, i didnt say earlier that i followed the "CompleteSoftmodGuide"
so i went back and followed these steps and it worked like a charm. hope this helps you RUDE.

stolen from a perfect walkthru.......

Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
On the main menu, go down to select Install & Patch IOS36 and press A.
Choose Express Mode and press A.
Press any button to return to the main menu.

When back on the main menu, go down to select Remove stubbed IOSs and press A.
Press A to choose remove stub IOS 222, 223, 249, 250, 254.
Press any button to return to the main menu.

When back on the main menu, press right to go to WAD manager.
Press 1 to select all the WAD's then A to install them.
Press any button to return to WAD manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC