USB Loader GX hanging halfway through game

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by GM Otomon, Mar 18, 2016.

1. GM Otomon
    OP

GM Otomon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Canada
    I been using this loader for a while, played through a bunch of games from beginning to end just fine. I recently started playing "The Conduit" and for some reason the game will hang at the exact same spot in the game no matter what, so I cant progress. I have done some research online, that maybe I can change the CIOS on the loader options but I wouldnt know what to enter... (had 249 change to 222... no dice). I remembered I had to use WiiFlow to play Arc Rise Fantasia since it would also freeze, going to give that a shot, but would like to get it working on USB Loader GX since I play all of my other games off it, also Wiiflow is not recognizing some of my WBFS including The Conduit, for some reason even tho USB Loader GX does...

2. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    Follow this guide here and post a syscheck so I can see what CIOS you have installed (https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/). Also, since it is freezing in the same spot, there is a chance that your copy of the game is bad. Try ripping the original disc or find another copy to use.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Arc rise fantasia only required an IOS base 56, instead of 38.

about your current issue :
    You can try another IOS base, it could be the issue.
    I think the real issue is your game's ISO itself. it's maybe a bad dump or corrupted dump.
    You can try another loader, but it will not change anything. The loader is not in memory when the game is launched. And the fact that Wiiflow doesn't even launch the game is probably the symptom of the corrupted ISO. I don't know why USBGX runs it while wiiflow doesn't. maybe wiiflow runs an additional check on ISOs before launch.

You said wiiflow doesn't recognize some of your WBFS (instead of "some of my games")
    If the game is on a WBFS partition, that's why it's not working. WBFS partition are corrupting games.
    Use a FAT32 partition and re-dump your games to be sure they are not corrupted or bad dumps.

You can check the ISO checksum with WiiBackupManager > Sha1 option

4. GM Otomon
    OP

GM Otomon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Canada
    I think you guys may be right about it being corrupted, WiiBackupManager does not even recognize The Conduit 2 file I have on my HD, says something about wrong HD parameters or something along those lines. Just wanted to make sure it was not because of the loaders before I have to get the files again.

Cyan, not sure what you mean about a WBFS partition... I am using my FAT32 HD and putting games on it with WiiBackupManager which automatically converts them, so is that what I am supposed to do?

5. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    Yes, that is what you are supposed to do. Another way to have your hard drive formated is WBFS which is an old and outdated way to format your hard drive. Some people who followed old guides have their drives formated to that and it can cause problems.

6. GM Otomon
    OP

GM Otomon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    Canada
    Ohh *phew* I think I formatted my 5GB usb stick to play Gamecube games, cant remember to which format but do remember doing it... still its better to loose a small iso as opposed to my entire drive.

Clutz450 likes this.