USB Loader GX & Guitar Hero 5 - Weird Issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by w_n_s, Oct 13, 2009.

Oct 13, 2009
  1. w_n_s
    OP

Newcomer w_n_s Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I can get this working by installing Hermes cIOS 222 as IOS 38 merged with IOS 37 .

However, and this is the weird thing. It works everytime using U-Loader (run from HBC) with cIOS 222 - no issues. With USB Loader GX, everytime the Wii is powered on and off, I can't get it to run again, unless I change the cIOS it uses, attempt to run it, let it crash, reboot, change it back to cIOS 222, then when I run it, it works perfectly. If I power off the Wii, I have to run through that whole cycle to get it working again.

I have USB Loader GX running autobooting from pre-loader.

Scratching my head a bit.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    ive installed 222 as IOS 60 merged with 38, and IOS 223 as IOS 37 merged with 38, and have my gx loader settings set to load from IOS 223, works everytime

3. nagnose

Newcomer nagnose Advanced Member

United States
    same as xflak40, but i have my global setting as 222 and all guitar hero or rockband games to 223. works everytime

4. w_n_s
    OP

Newcomer w_n_s Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Ok. I checked this again, and it seems, if I reboot or power off, I can never get it loaded again unless I do the following :

Change IOS and let it crash. Then change IOS back to 222

or

Boot Wii - Hold Reset - Load into Pre-Loader - Power Off, Power on and Load into USB Loader GX .

I'm gonna give up on USB Loader GX though as I downloaded r953 of coverfloader which allows me to change cIOS 222 / 223 in the game settings now and everything works flawlessly, so i'm happy.