Homebrew USB Loader GX freezes when installing game

vpayne58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm having problems with USB GX Loader, game dump gets to about 69% and freezes.
I have changed the OS in slot 249 to base 56 and in slot 250 base 57 using d2x Installer
but the DX Installer still freezes !! Never used to do this.
I note when I start up the d2x Installer it tells me by base OS is 58 v6176

Do I need to change the Main IOS to 56 to get the USB GX Loader to work without freezing ?
See further details in my next post.

Thanks

Victor

Last edited by vpayne58,

vpayne58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been following the above thread as I have run into the same problem with USB loader GX.
It was okay until installed the latest version I think !!
I tried changing the Loader IOS and Game IOS to slots 249 and 250 and that initially seemed to allow dump to proceed further
before the GX Loader freezedup again.
The I took the recommendation of changing slots 249 to IOS 56 and 250 to IOS 57 and that seemed to make the dump get to a later point before GX loader freezed up again.
When I look at the dx2 CIOS installer I cam see I have a Current IOS :58 v6176
In slot 249 I have base 56 and in Slot 250 I have base 57 but still USB loader GX freezes.
Note the Version of USB Loader GX on my Wii Console is Ver 3.0 r1271.

When you refer to "using cIOS base 56 solves the freezing menu problem." Is there something else I need to do ?

Thankyou in anticipation some one knows the answer to this one !

Victor

Last edited by vpayne58,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have been following the above thread as I have run into the same problem with USB loader GX.
It was okay until installed the latest version I think !!
I tried changing the Loader IOS and Game IOS to slots 249 and 250 and that initially seemed to allow dump to proceed further
before the GX Loader freezedup again.
The I took the recommendation of changing slots 249 to IOS 56 and 250 to IOS 57 and that seemed to make the dump get to a later point before GX loader freezed up again.
When I look at the dx2 CIOS installer I cam see I have a Current IOS :58 v6176
In slot 249 I have base 56 and in Slot 250 I have base 57 but still USB loader GX freezes.

When you refer to "using cIOS base 56 solves the freezing menu problem." Is there something else I need to do ?

Thankyou in anticipation some knows the answer to this one

Victor

Hello.:)

Welcome to the Wii Sction of GBAtemp.:)

The USBLoader Install Option is freezing but is still running in the Background so please try and wait 15-20 Minutes and the Game will be installed.

If not you can try this Options please.

Please go into the USBLoader GX Settings/Global Settings - Loader Settings - Loader´s IOS and change it to 249 please.
An other Solution is to use an previous Version from the USBLoader GX,recommended r1268 or 1271 please.

And you can use the Wii Tool CLEANRIP.
It makes an ISO File from your Game Disc,
which can be transferred with the WiiBackup Manager to your USB HDD.

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

vpayne58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Many thanks for the response.
You have written my plan of action .
I am currently working through the solution and have tried 1272,1271 &1268 .
I also tried setting the Loader to 249 on each of them and they all freeze at varying points and take a long time to get there.
However I have also tried 58 for the Loader and the game copies faster and says it's copied but on neither of the versions will it write the file to the USB disk !!
Not sure which Version I had previously that worked absolutely fine until one day when I had a failed load and upon loading
version 1271 and now it just won't copy a disk without freezing..
Also during the testing I noticed the initial settings on the Loader were still at 58.
I really would like to understand why the USB Loader is not working properly with 249 and now 58 is not writing the file when it says it had copied.?
Do you think Mod-Mii might tidy up and fix the issue ?
Many Thanks
Victor

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi
Many thanks for the response.
You have written my plan of action .
I am currently working through the solution and have tried 1272,1271 &1268 .
I also tried setting the Loader to 249 on each of them and they all freeze at varying points and take a long time to get there.
However I have also tried 58 for the Loader and the game copies faster and says it's copied but on neither of the versions will it write the file to the USB disk !!
Not sure which Version I had previously that worked absolutely fine until one day when I had a failed load and upon loading
version 1271 and now it just won't copy a disk without freezing..
Also during the testing I noticed the initial settings on the Loader were still at 58.
I really would like to understand why the USB Loader is not working properly with 249 and now 58 is not writing the file when it says it had copied.?
Do you think Mod-Mii might tidy up and fix the issue ?
Many Thanks
Victor

Unfortunately I have forgot to ask a very important Question.
Which Type/Kind of USB Device did you use please ? And how is it formatted please ?
If your Answer is something like "USB Stick " or similar,then this is for sure your Issue.:)
This handy little Things are really cool but not really reliable for the Wii.They stop working without warning from one Day to another.
So please do not say,you have not be warned of them.:D

vpayne58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Alexander,

I've used two different USB sticks different makes Sandisk and PNY , both are tried and tested.
I have formatted them to either WBFS or FAT32 using the Wii Backup manager but still same behaviour from USB Loader GX.
I think all I did first time around was load 1271 with defaults which used slot 58 for the loader but now that says it's copied the disk
but it has not written the wbfs file. !!
All very strange behaviour, everyone recommends IOS56 and 57 in slots 249 & 50 respectively and some people say theirs works a treat after changing to 249.
There must be a logical reason behind the demonstrated behaviour, I just wish I could get it to work as others have appeared to have done !!
Thanks
Victor

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi Alexander,

I've used two different USB sticks different makes Sandisk and PNY , both are tried and tested.
I have formatted them to either WBFS or FAT32 using the Wii Backup manager but still same behaviour from USB Loader GX.
I think all I did first time around was load 1271 with defaults which used slot 58 for the loader but now that says it's copied the disk
but it has not written the wbfs file. !!
All very strange behaviour, everyone recommends IOS56 and 57 in slots 249 & 50 respectively and some people say theirs works a treat after changing to 249.
There must be a logical reason behind the demonstrated behaviour, I just wish I could get it to work as others have appeared to have done !!
Thanks
Victor

USB Sticks/Flash Drives and their Relatives - a never ending Story.:D
It has to do with the "Writing" so Issues are usual with Time.
Can you maybe try a HDD please ?

And for the cIOS 249/250 "Mystery"
Please install d2x v8 final/d2x v10 beta 52 rev.65535 in
Slot 249 with Base 56
Slot 250 with Base 57
Please use the d2x cIOS Installer for it.

With this Setup the Install Option from USBLoader GX r1272 should work,if the Loader´s IOS is set to 249 (change it back please when the Installation is finished).
The Game Loading should work with 249 for the Game´s IOS - in the USBLoader GX Settings/Global Settings - Loader Settings.

Please do not tell it to someone - Secret.:D

Last edited by Alexander1970,

vpayne58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3 for 3 games all checked out fine with WBM.
I maintain my belief that it is only the USB Loader GX UI that is freezing, not the install process.

edit:
I'll add I watched for the drive activity leds flashing on my case after the freeze with my last attempt and they continued just fine and stopped near enough the estimated time remaining.

edit 2:
I'm still wary of doing too many of these though, since I don't like just pulling the plug on my Wii U when the install is complete.

I have left it running whilst I took some exercise and when I got back it was still Frozen.
The Odd things is that if I change the Loader to 58 it says it's complete but it does not create a wbfs file.
Looks like a lot of different results here , some have success changing to IOS at 249 but others find it just freezes.

I'm working through different tests , tomorrow I'm going to use a fat32 HDD instead of a USB thumb drive
I will post at the end of this thread with further updates.

Still trying to understand why it used to work , i.e I have copied approx 30 games discs to USB thumb drives but now we have this freezing issue. What's changed ?

Victor

Reactions: Alexander1970

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
USB Sticks/Flash Drives and their Relatives - a never ending Story.
Hello,

Yes, we don't know when it will end .............:rofl2:

@
vpayne58

Still trying to understand why it used to work , i.e I have copied approx 30 games discs to USB thumb drives but now we have this freezing issue. What's changed ? ===> already, the wear of your USB key over time.

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: Alexander1970

vpayne58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update on the Freeze Issue ********** Finally Success on Hard Disk (not on USB stick) **********
Wii UK Console 4.3E
Base IOS 58
IOS 56 installed in Slot 249
IOS 57 installed in Slot 250
with d2x v8 final/d2x v10 beta 52 rev.65535
GX Loader V3 rel1272

My Kids mainly play Skylanders but also an assortment of other games like Mario Galaxy 2.

After getting freeze issue when trying to dump game to USB sticks using any versions of GX Loader.
Found my old 500gb portable HD and formatted as Fat32 and copied games onto it using WBM,
Had to reinstall some games as they needed to comply with FAT32 block size.
Installed latest version of Loader GX V3 1272 on SD card.
Set the GX Loader parameters to 249 for Dump & Load

Finally game copying worked again and games installed on HD disk OK
Tested games and they all appear to load and work OK.

Tried resetting the game loader to 250 but that caused an issue with the 2nd USB slot as it would not recognise the Skylanders Portal (wired connection) . Changed it back to 249 and games continue to be able to load and copy.So Game dump and load still set to slot 249 (IOS 56).

Something tells me that something has changed in the support for a USB stick , if this works for portable hard disk I'm wondering why it won't work for the USB thumb drives !!

Cannot see a reason why I need the Game Dumper to be 249 and the game loader set to 250 when they are happy to co exist at 249.(IOS 56)

Happy cos I have been able to load the last Skylanders discs for the Wii - Trap Team and Wii Supercharger(racing) for the kids but mainly happy because
the Kids are are happy that it works and the Wii, Homebrew & Loader GX Live on.

Thank you to all the developers of the custom software and the GBA guys that help test and support.
Hope the above helps anyone else with this problem..

Thank you

Victor

Last edited by vpayne58,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe