USB Loader GX - Fight Pad Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LightyKD, Dec 15, 2014.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Just curious. Why is there no "Classic Controller as GameCube Controller" option in USB Loader GX? Something like this would be perfect for the Hori and PDP fight pads. -that way they could be briefly seen and used in the same way as a GameCube controller. On another note, if this is not possible, maybe some type of button config menu per game?

2. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I cant seriously be the only person here with either a PDP or Hori fight pad. I'm sure a Classic Controller button config menu for each game would be a welcomed sight.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You mean while in a game?
    There's no universal patches to replace controllers to another one for games (all games use different SDK, and some developers even used their own controller's functions so it will require specific patches for each games).

Playing Wii games is not emulating them, there's no "layer" like nintendont where a program is run on the background and control everyting.
    Wii games are using their own functions and there's nothing between the console and the game (except IOS) which redirect controls.

The only way to do it is patching the game with ocarina/cheatcode/wiird, and each game will need its own patch and someone spending time creating them.

4. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Thanks for the info. I guess Ocarina codes should only be made for the most requested or games where it makes the most sense.