Hacking USB Loader GX channels using crap not working.

jakebfb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey everyone. I used the crap program on my PC to create custom wads for my USB Loader GX games, but when I open them it says "Failed to load IOS58. USB Loader GX requires a cIOS or IOS58 with AHB Access."

All games load regularly using USB Loader GX, but when trying to open the games through the forwarders it refuses to work. Any help on the issue?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It has nothing to do with syscheck or the softmod or IOS58 (no need to reinstall it either!)
with missing AHB access provided by the channel, the loader can't run without a cIOS.

change usbloader's IOS to 249 instead of 58.
OR
revert to 1271 instead of 1272 to NOT use 58 by default
OR
edit your CRAP(py) channel's TMD to add AHB access rights in order to allow USBLoaderGX to access hardware and NAND with IOS58.
editing imply : unpacking the WAD on computer, edit the tmd on hex editor, repack the WAD, (re)install the channel.

try using WiiGSC instead of CRAP, maybe the updated program version creates correct channels with full AHB access flag. but you need to test to see, it's still an old program so it might not do it.
but the easier solution is the first one : DO NOT USE 58 !
edit your loader's settings to use cIOS.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Alexander1970

jakebfb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It has nothing to do with syscheck or the softmod or IOS58 (no need to reinstall it either!)
with missing AHB access provided by the channel, the loader can't run without a cIOS.

change usbloader's IOS to 249 instead of 58.
OR
revert to 1271 instead of 1272 to NOT use 58 by default
OR
edit your CRAP(py) channel's TMD to add AHB access rights in order to allow USBLoaderGX to access hardware and NAND with IOS58.
editing imply : unpacking the WAD on computer, edit the tmd on hex editor, repack the WAD, (re)install the channel.

try using WiiGSC instead of CRAP, maybe the updated program version creates correct channels with full AHB access flag. but you need to test to see, it's still an old program so it might not do it.
but the easier solution is the first one : DO NOT USE 58 !
edit your loader's settings to use cIOS.
Thanks for the reply! I tried changing the ISO to 249 but it won't work. WiiGSC doesn't seem to work for me too. I don't know how to edit the tmd in the wad, should I try reverting to 1271? If not, anything else I can do?

jakebfb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I reverted to 1271. The forwarder now shows no error but it just boots to the home menu. Also, cover art won't download now.

Aria254

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Has anyone found a solution? It's 2019 why is launching games from the menu so hard? hacking 2ds and the switch was wayy easier than the wii

GamerGirl190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For loading game channels...Try installing USB loader GX r1260. I Was having the same problem and Tried multiple things. This worked for me !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended