USB Loader GX black screen from GameCube games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by KMegatron, Aug 11, 2019.

1. KMegatron
    OP

KMegatron Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    United States
    Been trying to use USB Loader GX for a more visually aesthetic way to play GameCube games. I have 7-8 games downloaded to a WD 1TB external HDD that I have plugged into port 0 on my Wii.

I am able to load and play all the games from using the Nintendont app through Homebrew channel but when I choose USB Loader GX from the Wii home menu and try to play the games, it causes my screen to turn black and I must reset my Wii.

Why am I able to load and play the games using Nintendont but not from USB Loader GX?

Also, not quite sure the difference between a forwarder or a channel as I’m relatively new to all this, but I did download a “wads” file so the USB Loader GX icon shows up on the Wii home menu and I don’t need to load into the Homebrew channel first.

I’ve been working on this privately as a gift to my girlfriend and I’ve been able to get everything except this USB Loader GX to work. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Last edited by KMegatron, Aug 11, 2019
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

First please,we need a little more informations on

- Nintendont Version (latest HIGHLY recommended)
    - USBLoaderGX Version (latest HIGHLY recommended)

Usually you don not need configure your USBLoaderGX where NINTENDONT located is.
    Default setting is SD:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol

Thank you.:)

Last edited by alexander1970, Aug 11, 2019
  3. KMegatron
    OP

KMegatron Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    United States
    Is there any easy way to tell what current version I’m on?

Also, the tutorial I watched insisted that I needed to change files in the settings of USB Loader GX?

4. KMegatron
    OP

KMegatron Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2019
    United States
    Versions
    Nintendont - 5.486
    USB Loader GX - 3.0 r1272

alexander1970 likes this.
  5. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBA Fan

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you.:)

Did you update your USBLoaderGX manually (recommended) or with it´s Update feature ?
    Is the USBLoader using IOS 58 or 249 ? (you can check it under Settings - loader Settings):

P1320262.JPG

and thats how the "standard" NINTENDONT settings are:

P1320264.JPG P1320265.JPG P1320266.JPG P1320267.JPG P1320268.JPG P1320269.JPG