Hacking USB Loader GX black screen from GameCube games

KMegatron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to use USB Loader GX for a more visually aesthetic way to play GameCube games. I have 7-8 games downloaded to a WD 1TB external HDD that I have plugged into port 0 on my Wii.

I am able to load and play all the games from using the Nintendont app through Homebrew channel but when I choose USB Loader GX from the Wii home menu and try to play the games, it causes my screen to turn black and I must reset my Wii.

Why am I able to load and play the games using Nintendont but not from USB Loader GX?

Also, not quite sure the difference between a forwarder or a channel as I’m relatively new to all this, but I did download a “wads” file so the USB Loader GX icon shows up on the Wii home menu and I don’t need to load into the Homebrew channel first.

I’ve been working on this privately as a gift to my girlfriend and I’ve been able to get everything except this USB Loader GX to work. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Last edited by KMegatron,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Been trying to use USB Loader GX for a more visually aesthetic way to play GameCube games. I have 7-8 games downloaded to a WD 1TB external HDD that I have plugged into port 0 on my Wii.

I am able to load and play all the games from using the Nintendont app through Homebrew channel but when I choose USB Loader GX from the Wii home menu and try to play the games, it causes my screen to turn black and I must reset my Wii.

Why am I able to load and play the games using Nintendont but not from USB Loader GX?

Also, not quite sure the difference between a forwarder or a channel as I’m relatively new to all this, but I did download a “wads” file so the USB Loader GX icon shows up on the Wii home menu and I don’t need to load into the Homebrew channel first.

I’ve been working on this privately as a gift to my girlfriend and I’ve been able to get everything except this USB Loader GX to work. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Hello.:)

First please,we need a little more informations on

- Nintendont Version (latest HIGHLY recommended)
- USBLoaderGX Version (latest HIGHLY recommended)

Usually you don not need configure your USBLoaderGX where NINTENDONT located is.
Default setting is SD:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

KMegatron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Usually you don not need configure your USBLoaderGX where NINTENDONT located is.

Is there any easy way to tell what current version I’m on?

Also, the tutorial I watched insisted that I needed to change files in the settings of USB Loader GX?

KMegatron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Versions
Nintendont - 5.486
USB Loader GX - 3.0 r1272

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Versions
Nintendont - 5.486
USB Loader GX - 3.0 r1272

Did you update your USBLoaderGX manually (recommended) or with it´s Update feature ?
Is the USBLoader using IOS 58 or 249 ? (you can check it under Settings - loader Settings):

P1320262.JPG

and thats how the "standard" NINTENDONT settings are:

P1320264.JPG P1320265.JPG P1320266.JPG P1320267.JPG P1320268.JPG P1320269.JPG

Pdiddypanda

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if this is dead.

Nintendont is on my Sd card, but in custom paths on USB loader I can't access anything on sd:/.

Yet I can acces Nintendont from the Hombrew channel, so my sd is definitely mounted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a