Hacking USB Loader GX aspect ratio help please?

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Within USB Loader, I have tried setting the game to load in 16:9, but will only do so on the Wii U gamepad. My system menu also displays in 16:9 on my TV as well. Any games booted up within USB Loader GX are forced to 16:9. Help please?

Please Pardon the Brevity.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the opposite problem. All my games only runs in 16:9 and I can not force 4:3. I informed Cyan about it and he may be able to take a look at it in a future release.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You used "16:9" every time, I guess one of them should be "4:3".
I suppose you wanted to say you try to force the game in 16:9 but they display in 4:3, right?
You are launching USBloaderGX from the Homebrew channel or a forwarder?

If you launch something from HBC with WiiU System menu 4.x, the aspect ratio is forced to 4:3, you need a fix to launch homebrew and games in 16:9
there are two methods :
- HBC forwarder, by JoostinOnline: a channel which launch HBC in 16:9
- Aspect Ratio Fixer, by Tueidj: a homebrew to launch when you are in HBC to fix the ratio and return to HBC, before launching another homebrew.

If you try to force 4:3 but it display in 16:9, then it's the same problem as muyfa666
I still haven't check this issue.

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You used "16:9" every time, I guess one of them should be "4:3".
I suppose you wanted to say you try to force the game in 16:9 but they display in 4:3, right?
You are launching USBloaderGX from the Homebrew channel or a forwarder?

If you launch something from HBC with WiiU System menu 4.x, the aspect ratio is forced to 4:3, you need a fix to launch homebrew and games in 16:9
there are two methods :
- HBC forwarder, by JoostinOnline: a channel which launch HBC in 16:9
- Aspect Ratio Fixer, by Tueidj: a homebrew to launch when you are in HBC to fix the ratio and return to HBC, before launching another homebrew.

If you try to force 4:3 but it display in 16:9, then it's the same problem as muyfa666
I still haven't check this issue.

I am launching from the Homebrew Menu

To be clear, it is not full screen. Is there any fix to that or do I just have to deal with the black bars?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im not sure with usbloadergx but if you find the replacement HBC it will support or force 16.9 and in turn usbloader should follow and you wont need to force/make the games run in 16.9

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem is the Homebrew channel, and like I said, there are different solutions.

For all homebrew:
1 - Homebrew Channel Forwarder
install this forwarder and launch the homebrew Channel from this channel instead of the official channel.

2 - Homebrew
Put this homebrew on your SD or USB, in the /apps/ folder.
Launch the Homebrew Channel, and before launching another homebrew, launch the aspect ratio fixer. it will launch/fix the aspect ratio/exit to Homebrew channel. Now you can select another Homebrew to launch.

For USBLoaderGX only:
3 - USBLoaderGX Forwarder
Install the USBLoaderGX forwarder channel and launch the loader using this channel from the system menu, instead of going into the Homebrew channel.
Attention: some users have Video artifacts (scrambled scan line effect) when launching the loader from this channel which disappear only when shutting down the console. if it happens to you, prefer method 1 or 2.

Reactions: WarMachine77

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the force 4:3 issue is corrected now? At least, on wii U you still can run the loader with homebrew channel with the 4:3 bug.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not yet, sorry.
I didn't take a look at it yet.
I'm very slow to work on the loader, and I don't know if I will be able to fix aspect ratio myself. (Dimok and Giantpune did the original patch).

KirbysTeam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to be tedious, but all I did was change my resolution, in the Wii U settings, to 480p and the aspect ratio to 4:3. I then went to the Homebrew channel on the vWii and went to GX Loader. It made all of the games widescreen.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is going to be tedious, but all I did was change my resolution, in the Wii U settings, to 480p and the aspect ratio to 4:3. I then went to the Homebrew channel on the vWii and went to GX Loader. It made all of the games widescreen.
Holy Necro bump batman lol you do know it's against site rules to Necro bump dead threads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-