Hacking USB Loader GX and trimmed backups, also a proxy query

ElectricJelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to actually boot a game (after configuring its settings) e.g. Super Mario Galaxy, who's ISO has been trimmed with WiiScrubber, I'm returned to vWii's main menu instead of the game loading. Do I need to untrim my backups in order to play'em, or is there an alternative way that won't be nearly as time consuming e.g. an alternate loader? FYI my folder structure is USB:\wbfs\gamename [gameid]\gamename[trimmed].iso

As for proxy, I used the CCProxy tutorial (thanks Tgames Cyan!), but am unable to connect to my network and update homebrew with my WiiU hardware's IP address. For that, which of my IP addresses should I use? I've got a static IP set up but can easily switch to a non-static one.

Thanks for reading all that :yaywii:

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to actually boot a game (after configuring its settings) e.g. Super Mario Galaxy, who's ISO has been trimmed with WiiScrubber, I'm returned to vWii's main menu instead of the game loading. Do I need to untrim my backups in order to play'em, or is there an alternative way that won't be nearly as time consuming e.g. an alternate loader? FYI my folder structure is USB:\wbfs\gamename [gameid]\gamename[trimmed].iso

As for proxy, I used the CCProxy tutorial (thanks Tgames Cyan!), but am unable to connect to my network and update homebrew with my WiiU hardware's IP address. For that, which of my IP addresses should I use? I've got a static IP set up but can easily switch to a non-static one.

Thanks for reading all that :yaywii:

Use a full ISO and install it to your USB drive with Wii Backup Manager. It will automatically optimize it and change it it to .wbfs format

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, game filename should be GameID6.wbfs
don't put the game's title, or any other information in the filename.
You can put info in the folder's name if you want.

wbfs file format is also trimming the ISOs.
If you have the disc, just put it inside the loader and it will install as proper format and path.
If you have the ISO, use wii backup Manager with this setting :

Layout : Title_[ID]
Subfolder
Auto rename on mount
Use wiitdb titles (if you want proper folder's name)

As for the proxy:
My own setup is strange.
I setup my network the same way I explained in ccproxy guide, and I'm using fixed IP addresses for all connected devices.

Then I always keep the Proxy disabled on my computer to block all traffics when I don't need to access internet. The WiiU can't access online AT ALL which is the expected result.
when testing the connection: WiiU<->Working<->Access Point<->Failed<->internet

I launch vWii, and network is working, I can download updates, files, covers, etc. :)
So, for me I don't have any problem accessing my local or distant files when on vWii.
It should use the proxy and block online access on vWii too, I don't know why I can access internet but that's a great benefit!
Maybe it's an issue in the WiiU version I'm using? (I'm still on 4.0.2E)

On WiiU, I can't access local network IP in the browser without opening the proxy. (the browser is forcing the use of the proxy, so I guess that's normal. WiiU setting doesn't have "don't use proxy for local IPs" option)
My PS3 is setup like this and I can access my local files through homebrew FTP (which doesn't use proxy?) and have internet blocked.
I don't know why my vWii can access internet while proxy is setup on WiiU.

If you want to block internet but allow local FTP access, maybe you can try to set CCProxy user's detail for the WiiU rule to allow only FTP and disable WWW and socks.
that way, you can still enable FTP access to your local files, but all http/s and socks protocol will be denied.

If I understand correctly, you are using the proxy (it's enabled and started on your computer).
So it should allow traffic for both local and internet.
I don't know why you can't access your files if the proxy is started.
when you say that you can't update the homebrew, which program are you using? wiixplorer? HBC+zip+wiiload? HBC don't see the network?

ElectricJelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again. On the proxy, I tried to get fancy by configuring it beyond what the tutorial explained. That obviously didn't work, so here's what did (for me at least). In CCProxy, I enabled/allowed my system's MAC and IP addresses, whilst still blocking official update IPs. As for the WiiU itself's settings, I let it obtain IP and DNS stuff automatically. At least that's what I remember doing just now. I'll check and test a bit more in, well, a bit. After my homebrew updates, i'm gonna check if it'll still work with a manually set IP. I hope that this thread will help others trying to combine a proxy with homebrew update capability, so it won't be just my lurker butt that you wind up helping.

Thanks again for your aid and knowledge :yay:

EDIT: Please ignore the above as it turns that I have no clue what i'm doin'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.