Hacking USB Loader GX 1272 & Multiple GPT Partitions?

HaVoCMeSS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone,

I've got a 4 TB WD Blue 3.5" drive in a Vantec USB 3.0 enclosure with external power. If I format it as a 2TB FAT32 MBR partition I can load GC/Wii games fine. However, I want to use the entire 4 TB by creating two FAT32 partitions where the first partition is for GC and the second is for Wii games. I've used many different formatting tools, but none of them seem to help in getting this working. Whenever I use USB Loader GX 1272 with two GPT partitions formatted as FAT32 I cannot load any of the games. I either get the error stating "To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need to set your 'Main GameCube Path' on the first primary FAT32 partition" for GC games or USB Loader GX crashes with the "Exception (DSI) Occurred!" error. The menu also looks messed up at times when navigating throughout it. I'll attach an image so you can see what I mean. So my question is, can we use multiple GPT partitions? I've seen a few posts that seem to indicate this has been fixed, especially if they are both FAT32, but I can't for the life of me get this to work. Here are some things I've tried so far:

1. Verified I have the latest version of USB Loader GX from sourceforge.net
  2. Tried re-installing USB Loader GX from scratch
  3. Tried creating a brand new GXglobal.cfg
  4. Tried formatting two partitions 1 FAT32 (GC) and 1 NTFS (Wii)
  5. Tried using WD quick formatter to create a single FAT32 MBR partition, but since my enclosure isn't a My Book it doesn't detect my drive
  6. Tried renaming the boot_non480pfix.dol to boot.dol in the hopes it would fix my menu issues
  7. Tried using different GC/Wii games
  8. Tried putting only GC games on one partition and Wii games on the other partition
  9. Verified in USB Loader GX that multiple partitions is enabled
  10. Made sure custom paths was set correctly for GC
  11. Tried formatting partitions with GUIFormat, Wii Backup Manager, EaseUS Partition Master and many other tools with no success
  12. Set my loader IOS setting from 249 to 58
  13. Tried creating different partition sizes (less than 2 TB each) and cluster sizes (default all the way up to 64 KB) with no luck
  14. Verified I have the USB cable plugged into port 0
  15. I should also mention that this is a Wii U with vWii being used
Any help with this would be very much appreciated! I've been working on this for days trying to get this working for my son.

Attachments

• USB Loader GX Exception (DSI) Occurred.jpg
    USB Loader GX Exception (DSI) Occurred.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 937
  • USB Loader GX Menu Issue.jpg
    USB Loader GX Menu Issue.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 338
Last edited by HaVoCMeSS,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting your partitions as Primary instead of GPT? I'm also not sure if the Wii can "see" a 4TB drive, even partitioned into two 2TB sections. (Mine's a 1TB drive, parted into FAT32 for GameCube and NTFS for unsplit Wii ISOs)

Reactions: Alexander1970

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Report syscheck ==> perfect.

It may be your external hard drive that is problematic, see with another external hard drive or in your surroundings.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality