1. HaVoCMeSS

OP HaVoCMeSS Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hey Everyone,

I've got a 4 TB WD Blue 3.5" drive in a Vantec USB 3.0 enclosure with external power. If I format it as a 2TB FAT32 MBR partition I can load GC/Wii games fine. However, I want to use the entire 4 TB by creating two FAT32 partitions where the first partition is for GC and the second is for Wii games. I've used many different formatting tools, but none of them seem to help in getting this working. Whenever I use USB Loader GX 1272 with two GPT partitions formatted as FAT32 I cannot load any of the games. I either get the error stating "To run GameCube games with Nintendont you need to set your 'Main GameCube Path' on the first primary FAT32 partition" for GC games or USB Loader GX crashes with the "Exception (DSI) Occurred!" error. The menu also looks messed up at times when navigating throughout it. I'll attach an image so you can see what I mean. So my question is, can we use multiple GPT partitions? I've seen a few posts that seem to indicate this has been fixed, especially if they are both FAT32, but I can't for the life of me get this to work. Here are some things I've tried so far:

1. Verified I have the latest version of USB Loader GX from sourceforge.net
    2. Tried re-installing USB Loader GX from scratch
    3. Tried creating a brand new GXglobal.cfg
    4. Tried formatting two partitions 1 FAT32 (GC) and 1 NTFS (Wii)
    5. Tried using WD quick formatter to create a single FAT32 MBR partition, but since my enclosure isn't a My Book it doesn't detect my drive
    6. Tried renaming the boot_non480pfix.dol to boot.dol in the hopes it would fix my menu issues
    7. Tried using different GC/Wii games
    8. Tried putting only GC games on one partition and Wii games on the other partition
    9. Verified in USB Loader GX that multiple partitions is enabled
    10. Made sure custom paths was set correctly for GC
    11. Tried formatting partitions with GUIFormat, Wii Backup Manager, EaseUS Partition Master and many other tools with no success
    12. Set my loader IOS setting from 249 to 58
    13. Tried creating different partition sizes (less than 2 TB each) and cluster sizes (default all the way up to 64 KB) with no luck
    14. Verified I have the USB cable plugged into port 0
    15. I should also mention that this is a Wii U with vWii being used
    Any help with this would be very much appreciated! I've been working on this for days trying to get this working for my son.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

United States
    Try formatting your partitions as Primary instead of GPT? I'm also not sure if the Wii can "see" a 4TB drive, even partitioned into two 2TB sections. (Mine's a 1TB drive, parted into FAT32 for GameCube and NTFS for unsplit Wii ISOs)

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
  4. HaVoCMeSS

OP HaVoCMeSS Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    @jeannotte Sure no worries, here is the results.

Attached Files:

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  5. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hello,

Report syscheck ==> perfect.

It may be your external hard drive that is problematic, see with another external hard drive or in your surroundings.

6. HaVoCMeSS

OP HaVoCMeSS Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    @jeannotte thanks for checking.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  7. PurifiedCrystal

Newcomer

United States
    did u ever get it to work? I have the same issue...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Partitions, Multiple, Loader