USB Loader Crashed... Everything is broken!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by bassballboy, Jun 20, 2009.

Jun 20, 2009
  1. bassballboy
    OP

Newcomer bassballboy Member

United States
    Hey all, I had everything with the latest versions installed, basically the kit from the wii softmodding for dummies.

I've backed up a few games, then during SSMB is froze at 40% for over an hour so I rebooted the wii. When I got back in, USB loader gave me the ret=-6 error, so after a search they said to reinstall your ciosrev10. I tried to do that through the homebrew channel, but then the hopmebrew channel wouldn't boot either. I then tried to just reinstall everything and when it load bootmii it won't let me use the wii remote, they won't connect.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do or try, Please help me out!

2. Empyr69er

Member Empyr69er GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    plug a gamecube controller into your wii, you cannot use a wiimote for Bootmii. At this time GC controllers are the only way to navigate through BootMii. Do a NAND Restore and you should be all fixed up.

3. jaydeekay

Newcomer jaydeekay Member

United States
    Nah you don't need a GC contoller to navigate bootmii. The power button on the system itself moves the selector from left to right & the reset button accepts.

4. bassballboy
    OP

United States
    Well, i reformatted the wii... I went through the whole installation process once again, it seems to work, but when I go to the usb loader it gives me the same error and corrcupts the whole install it seems....

Do I need to reformat my external? I don't want to lose the games I already have [​IMG]

What can I do?

5. bassballboy
    OP

United States
    http://www.gbatemp.net/lofiversion/index.php/t149879.html

I read through that, and it sounds like the ret=-6 is a compatability issue.... yet this doesn't make sense since I know for a fact the drive is compatible (acomdata 640gb) since I already had it working with a few games, it just crapped out after it froze during ripping SSMB.

I also tried the USB swap method. Any other ideas? All the other loaders are based on waninkoko's 1.5, so that probably wouldn't help would it?

I also tried reinstalling a fresh version of cios rev10, but that didn't help either.

Please help!

6. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    This will take some time but if you have room on your computer, try moving your games from your harddrive and reformatting it. Again, this will take a long time but at this point it's worth a shot.

7. bassballboy
    OP

United States

How do I do that? My computer won't even recognize the hd now...

8. wrettcaughn

United States
  9. bassballboy
    OP

United States
    awesome! I'm extracting them to a folder on my computer as we speak. So can I add them right back to the drive after? Or is there another button I should have hit besides extract?

10. Empyr69er

Member Empyr69er GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would reformat the drive once you have extracted them all..extracting doesnt "remove" them from the HD it just copies. So once you are finished extracting them, FORMAT harddrive using WBFS GUI(the one you are using should do this) then pop that folder of iso's you have right back on the drive.

enjoy!

11. wrettcaughn

United States
    You can use WBFS manager both format the drive and install the games. Easy as pie.

12. bassballboy
    OP

United States
    A BIG thank you to everyone! I did the reformat and saved all of my games, now the drive is working again with the wii!

Thanks again!!