usb loader cant initialize my usb hard drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kaitlin, Jan 6, 2017.

1. kaitlin
    OP

kaitlin Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    United States
    Tucson, Arizona
    ok so i bought a 750 gig hitachi laptop sata hard drive for my Wii. i stuck it in an xbox 360 slim hard drive case and hooked it up to a powered usb to sata adapter. i then formatted the hard drive to fat 32 with 32k clusters and used Wii backup file manager to transfer my Wii games to the hard drive but for what ever reason usb loader gx wont see the hard drive and for those who ask its the 2016 release of the usb loader any ideas

edit im gonna my 80 gig HDD which is also a hitachi to see if it works only this time ima make the entire hard drive a WBFS drive will report my findings

update CFG usb loader can see the 750 gig drive and its games so im guessing usb loader gx is the issue

heres my sys check report

sys check report

Last edited by kaitlin, Jan 6, 2017
  2. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Greetings!

One thing that I think is worth testing would be installing more updated cIOS 249 and 250 with the following:
    IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0

There is a quite neat installer and a guide to follow to install these cIOS:es at
    Also make sure you've got the latest release of USB Loader GX and launch it from HBC.

PS. Don't hold me responsible if anything would go wrong

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Nooooo.... don't tell people to use beta53. :(

John_Ice likes this.
  4. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Well the guide I refered to lists it as a choice which of the betas you want to use, with the pros and cons of each... I've used beta 53 on my wii with no problems so I can't complain, however I would like to hear what problems there are with beta 53 :D

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Beta 53 has support for hard drives on either USB port but it has issues with some games and drives. EmuNAND support is also worse. It's really only useful if you can't use USB port 0 on your console.

d2x v9 was to have two port support and better compatibility features but it didn't seem to work out so the code got split into two versions - beta52 with the compatibility fixes and beta53 with the dual port feature.