Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I would like to see:

- fix for the spindown on external desktop drives
- deleting game fix (no more broken games after deletion)
- fix for the multiple ios games like MOH:H2, Mortal Kombat, Red Steel etc (at least make them work after ios patching like in Wiigators loader)
- support for other USB devices

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That would be very good! So we waiting.. it´s done when it´s done
rolleyes.gif

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to see the loader be able to run non-backup related homebrew. The possibilities could be endless now that accessing a Hard Disk became a reality.

Would open the door for some really amazing ideas, ie

A full Linux distribution
A "Dos box" / Virtual Machine style framework
Some more advanced true "Homebrew" apps and games
etc. etc..

The list goes on. I don't know much about the Wii OS and how possible this would be.. but, It was the first thing I thought of when I seen USB loader come out (besides "YES, Deadly creatures now runs at full speed!!!")

Cheers,
Jim

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
And do you know what I would love to see?

People that stops making Topics about the USB-Loader, and what don't works, especially such useless Topics, which you could have posted in one of the other 100 we have...to keep the board clean.
dry.gif

Sorry, sounds hard, but that's the truth..I'm not making a Topic every year on december, the 20, and say that I wish me a DSi, a new Laptop, etc...sorry to be so hard, but sometimes, it's maybe better...

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I want to see:
- Wii Disc Covers or Wii Banners on each ISO selected
- installl GC isos aswell
- support for cheats
- support to hide advance functions like install, delete, format

magic12

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Blue-K said:
And do you know what I would love to see?

People that stops making Topics about it, especially such useless Topics, which you have posted your Wishes in one of the other 100 we have...
dry.gif

Sorry, sounds hard, but that's the truth..I'm not making a Topic every yeahr on december, the 20, and say that I wish me a DSi, a new Laptop, etc...sorry to be so hard, but sometimes, it's maybe better...

i just wanted to posted some big bugs on one topic for developers to see but ok, sorry, i will not post any more topics like that, maybe more gui & cover related topics, what do you say?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Really guys that is pointless it´s like every other wishlist or request thread (for example look into the Translation Request Thread)

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Blue-K

So, if a non-programmer or even a programmer who is not familiar with the Wii architecture has an idea that they would like to see come to light on the wii. How exactly do you propose they express the idea?

Unfortunately alot of people do not have the know how or the time/desire/resources to learn the intricacies of a programming language or wish to risk bricking their Wii on the possibility that as a programming "Noob" they F-ed up in their program somehow.

Without a little brainstorming, or topics such as this, there may be many ideas out there that are brilliant but die because they are stiffled by the arrogance and heavy hand of a board's members. On the other hand there may be a programmer out there that is looking for their next project that is inspired by one of these ideas who becomes the next "Waninkoko". Who knows.

Really and I don't mean this as harshly as it sounds, did it harm you in any way for someone to have a "Wish list" thread started? If you don't like the title of the thread, don't read it.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
jebrown19 said:
@Blue-K

So, if a non-programmer or even a programmer who is not familiar with the Wii architecture has an idea that they would like to see come to light on the wii. How exactly do you propose they express the idea?

Unfortunately alot of people do not have the know how or the time/desire/resources to learn the intricacies of a programming language or wish to risk bricking their Wii on the possibility that as a programming "Noob" they F-ed up in their program somehow.

Without a little brainstorming, or topics such as this, there may be many ideas out there that are brilliant but die because they are stiffled by the arrogance and heavy hand of a board's members. On the other hand there may be a programmer out there that is looking for their next project that is inspired by one of these ideas who becomes the next "Waninkoko". Who knows.

Really and I don't mean this as harshly as it sounds, did it harm you in any way for someone to have a "Wish list" thread started? If you don't like the title of the thread, don't read it.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have something against Topics like this, hell, I even started the first one, but:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146738
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141...p;#entry1832525
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145610
, etc...

We already have enought, you know? That was my point...I have nothing against Brainstorming, that's good. But we have enough Threads..please post in these, or go to an IRC...I simply want a clean forum...

~Blue-K

magic12

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Blue-K said:
jebrown19 said:
@Blue-K

Don't get me wrong, I don't have something against Topics like this, hell, I even started the first one, but:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146738
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141...p;#entry1832525
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145610
, etc...

We already have enought, you know? That was my point...I have nothing against Brainstorming, that's good. But we have enough Threads..please post in these, or go to an IRC...I simply want a clean forum...

~Blue-K

lol, and these gui topics are related to bugfix wishes how?
nevermind, forget it, lets move on

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands

Everyone that wants GC USB Loader can wait very long... (Or just don't even wait for it.
wink.gif
)

Since the USB Loader uses IOS's...
Wii = IOS
GC = MIOS

As far as I know, the MIOS can not be Installed under different versions... (*But maybe you can, and let the loader load that MIOS - That the Wii for GC Games never will use it self..)

*=But maybe it is indeed possible
IOS's can be installed under different versions it self (Via containers, or all those little parts step by step.) maybe MIOS's can do that either...

Not that I thing that is possible... but maybe...

If so, someone edit source and let load that cMIOS to load GC Backups...

But that is really hard...

(This is just my opinion / my thoughts... don't blame me if I'm wrong and correct me..? )

ohyeah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, people only ask for useless things...

What I think that should be really added:

- Larger support for USB devices and games;
- And, if possible, a USB Loader that doesn't requires the DVD drive because mine is screwed.
frown.gif

Optionally:
- GC games support.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least the same or better compatibility as the dvd loaders and support for the lan adapter. On a positive note the online play (when using wi-fi) of at least one game (battalion wars 2) works now off the hdd while it doesn't work via disc due to slower loading.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. If possible, recover usb loading after ios reload to fix the ios reloading games(ssx, red steel, metroid prime 1 ...)
2. Integrate ios version patching into the loader/cIOS while keeping the original tmd

Better support for usb devices would be nice, but as i see it, it's mostly a hardware issue and not the problem from the loader

ohyeah said:
[...]
- And, if possible, a USB Loader that doesn't requires the DVD drive because mine is screwed.
frown.gif

[...]

Does the wii even start the HBC without a drive connected? I thought it doesn't ==> not a loader issue

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ohyeah said:
Man, people only ask for useless things...

What I think that should be really added:

- Larger support for USB devices and games;
frown.gif

Optionally:
- GC games support.

THAT is what we need. Not boxart and snazzy effects (although it would be nice).
Bugfixes are priority 1, and as I mentioned earlier, Waninkoko does not like coding GUIs.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
better region free
higher compat
GC loading (not that im bothered but it would be nice to have)
i dont care about all the glossy stuff just want a loader that fully works with little user input

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse