usb loader 1.1 freezing issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nonamewasfree, Apr 2, 2009.

Apr 2, 2009
  1. nonamewasfree
    OP

Newcomer nonamewasfree Member

Germany
    two days ago i was able to dump dvds with usb loader, now that i have installed 1.1 it freezes randomly.
    if i go back to 1.0 it also doesn't work anymore.
    so.. what to do?

2. Lookie401

Member Lookie401 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You know, I have the same problem but in my case it freezes around 1 minute if I install a game via Wii OR play a game.

I find it strange though... First I had trouble getting the USB loader to recognize games I installed via PC. When I got that working, the first game I try was Animal Crossing. Load it up and literally play for an hour with no problem. Then I started adding more games like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Now whenever I play ANY of the install games, it will freeze around 1 minute into the game. @_@

3. nonamewasfree
    OP

Newcomer nonamewasfree Member

Germany
  4. GolfDude

Member GolfDude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    mine freezes after each completed file, i cant remove the disc, put a new one in and start another copy over b/c it freezes on the press A to continue part..

5. LuffarJoh

Newcomer LuffarJoh Member

Sweden
    Hi,

I'm trying to use an old mp3-player, namly Iriver H340, but when connected to Wii USB Loader 1.1 freezes when launched.
    I have made two partitions on the drive, each ~20gb, one with WBFS and one with Fat32. I transfered games without any problems.
    I tried USB tester in HBC and it recognized the drive.

Any idea, or is it just incompatible?

6. pokeparadox

Member pokeparadox GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think it's a power problem.
    I had freezes and then I plugged the power USB cable into my powered PC hub instead of the Wii. Now my freezes are reduced.

7. LuffarJoh

Newcomer LuffarJoh Member

Sweden
    thanks for quick reply.

I have a AC adaptor connected the whole time and the battery is fully charged, so it supposedly not the issue. thanks anyway.

8. Legah

Newcomer Legah Advanced Member

Sweden
    could be the same problem I'm having, in some games the harddrive goes to sleep mode (probably not reading from disc in a couple of minutes) which freezes up the game