Hacking USB Launcher v1.1 Easy Tutorial for Windows

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hosting IOS36-64-v1042.wad is illegal

Secondly, its different from cIOS36_rev09. IOS36-64-v1042.wad is needed if doing WAD installation from cIOS36_rev09. So you need both rev09 and v1042. If you are installing rev09 via NETWORK installation, you dont need v1042

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iazybandit said:

Secondly, its different from cIOS36_rev09. IOS36-64-v1042.wad is needed if doing WAD installation from cIOS36_rev09. So you need both rev09 and v1042. If you are installing rev09 via NETWORK installation, you dont need v1042

Ah, I wasn't aware that I couldn't include that. I'll remove it.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very nice.

if i do create a partition, when i go to format to WBFS in the USB Loader Channel will i have the option to format a specific partition? will the Channel list my partitions so that they are easily recognizable?

i ask this because i have a large HDD and i only want to format one partition to WFBS.

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Estpolis said:
iazybandit said:

Ah, I wasn't aware that I couldn't include that. I'll remove it.
Theres a sticky stating no IOS/cIOS unless its a loader

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119230

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
very nice.

if i do create a partition, when i go to format to WBFS in the USB Loader Channel will i have the option to format a specific partition? will the Channel list my partitions so that they are easily recognizable?

i ask this because i have a large HDD and i only want to format one partition to WFBS.

Yes, USB loader will tell you what size each partition is on the drive, so you can distinguish that way.

Also, sorry again about hosting that. I guess I missed that sticky. Anyway, it's gone now.

GEnick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
" FAT32 for the file system and default allocation size. Leave capacity the default. Select quick format and hit start.

5. After it has finished, remove it and plug it into your Wii
6. Start the USB Loader Channel "

Is it necessary to format the drive in FAT32? Why?

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably not necessary for many people. NTSC will probably work too, and you may not need to format it at all. However, some people (including myself) were unable to add games via Windows until formatting it to FAT32 and then into WBFS. It's rare that you'll need to, but it only take a minute with quick format, so there's no reason not to take the precaution.

GEnick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm...
My HDD works with the USB Loader, there are over 10 Games on it, but I cant get it to work on Windows. Have formatted the partition first to NTFS and then with the USBLoader in WBFS.

Followed your Guide, now I have a lette on the WBFS Partition but still get the bad magic error

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What operating system are you using?

I am using XP and was getting the Bad Magic error until I assigned a drive letter, then it started working. Again, I know it sounds obvious, but make sure you are using the correct drive letter for the WBFS partition.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
include that if you use the windows tools under VISTA you always have to run the cmd.exe under administrator mode.. also, not really necessary to install a wad for the loader, can also just leave it @ homebrew channel (so u dont have to install a new wad every time it gets updated)

renegade84

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the tut works perfectly
smile.gif

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
include that if you use the windows tools under VISTA you always have to run the cmd.exe under administrator mode.. also, not really necessary to install a wad for the loader, can also just leave it @ homebrew channel (so u dont have to install a new wad every time it gets updated)

Got that and a couple other little things.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can the partition you use for the Wii Isos be any size? i heard 4GB get mentioned a lot around here lately and i am not sure why.

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
can the partition you use for the Wii Isos be any size? i heard 4GB get mentioned a lot around here lately and i am not sure why.

They can be very large. 4GB won't even be enough to hold a single game in some cases, so you definitely want more than that. I use 200GB for mine, I've heard up to 500 and 640GB

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Estpolis said:
priapism said:

They can be very large. 4GB won't even be enough to hold a single game in some cases, so you definitely want more than that. I use 200GB for mine, I've heard up to 500 and 640GB

good to know but don't the ISO file sizes shrink when you add them to an HDD using the WBFS tool?

Estpolis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
Estpolis said:
priapism said:

good to know but don't the ISO file sizes shrink when you add them to an HDD using the WBFS tool?

Yes, they do. Some games actually use the full capacity of DVDs, though. SSBB for example is over 6GB.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Do games load fast through USB?

Also is there a performance difference using a USB 2.0 Ext HDD and a 16GB USB memory stick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ