OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
With all the excitement of the USB Loader, I had to try it myself. I've hooked up a 320GB WD Hard Drive using a Ritmo 3.5" External Case to the Wii and noticed slight flickering on my LCD tv (using component and set to all different modes). When I turned the HD case on, the flickering got worse. With no power connected, but USB still in, flickering dissappears. Now I figure it's an interference due to power, but how could I fix it as it makes games unplayable. I have two external Ritmo cases and have tried both with the same results. USB Cable is not touching any other cable (video or other) so I am looking for some suggestions. Thanks.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An ext hdd takes a bit of power, don't put in same power board as the wii or tv.

I have mine in my second plug on wall and same setup as you.........all good

magicrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reply. Tried putting the External HDD power on it's own outlet (not on the extension board) but am still recieving flickering. I've also tried swapping USB cables (three now) with no luck.......Any other thoughts, or if anyone else has had a similiar problem, let me know.

ausdamn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im an aussie and i to get this problem.. usb loader will be up.. one miinute the orange background on the loader is dull color, then jumps to vibrant and will flicker every so often on both my 60' LG rear pro and 60' LCD TV.

ive got a 500gb maxtor ext hd ($99 from DSE).. bought 5 of the buggers for storage
biggrin.gif

magicrat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The LCD will have interfernce like fuzzy lines running through the screen, and when it gets really bad the TV goes Blue which I imagine means the signal from the WII to the tv has been lost. I've tried another power chord too but still no luck. Is it just an aussie problem with External Powered Hard Drives or is it elsewhere too.......Anyone?

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i foudn it to be my dodgy power supply from the caddy, i also had flickering when the caddy was switched on (my drives wouldnt power up) switch itof and my tv stopped flickering, ende dup throwing the caddy out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night