USB Doing strange things

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by VinLark, May 23, 2017.

1. VinLark
    OP

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Hello, so a USB I bought from china (always a good sign) is acting up. I got it today, and first I ran h2testw on it to test if the storage was correct (h2wtest didn't finish, it only copied like 28GB) and stopped. So I closed to program and tried formatting the USB. Trying that just froze my PC and I restarted it. What I notice straight away is that my Bios is stuck. I unplug my USB drive and it magically enters grub boot. This happens every time I start up my PC with this USB entered in. It is now not detected in Linux OR Windows and just shows as UDisk in Windows. I am wondering if there is any way I can get it working again, removing the device from windows and installing generic usb drivers didn't work, and I can't find any drivers from the company, so I am wondering if there are any live ISOs that can format it or any way I can get this working. Thanks.

2. VinLark
    OP

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    I found out why the USB was stopping my BIOS, is because I have UEFI to boot from any USB that is plugged in, whoops!