USB 1.0?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by KanterZ, Apr 8, 2017.

1. KanterZ
    OP

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    Yo! So I was wondering how I could update my drivers, or whatever is the problem.

'Cuz like.. I have a EMX-A70FM2+iCafe MOBO, and I know it only has 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports. (2 2.0 infront, 4 3.0 at the back. Or correct me if I'm wrong)

But whenever I plug in my Logitech Webcam c615 on the front USB(2.0), the quality is low.. and is telling me to plug it in on a 2.0 or 3.0 for better quality since it is plugged on a USB 1.0..

I'm not sure what the problem is but it seems like my front USB is read as a 1.0..

Now I'm not even sure for the rear one.

Help?

2. fenixcumber

fenixcumber Don't need's a 1UP

Feb 5, 2017
    Spain
    inside me
    maybe the case connectors?

3. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    The front USB is most likely 2.0, as it and 1.0 had the exact same pinout, depends on header on the motherboard. My assumption would be that you don't have drivers for the motherboard's chipset installed, and Windows operates the ports in 'safe mode', so to speak, at 1.0 speeds.

4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
  5. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Case connectors?

But I have the updated drivers... or should I change it?

Just about a year. And yeah, will try

6. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    have a look at your device manager to see if all drivers are installed correctly !

another thing is, the Front USB doesn't care if your mainboard has 2.0 or 3.0 ... it probably came with the case (or did you put it in yourself ?) and maybe that case only offers usb 1.0.

7. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    It came with the case.. but it wasn't like this before, yeah. Hmmm.. I see, a lot of factors, then.

Thanks!