US Loader GX and cheats. Do they work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by saulin, Sep 9, 2009.

1. saulin
    OP

saulin GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2003
    Can anyone help me?. I'm working on a WII. It was updated to 4.1 using Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. I installed the latest USB Loader GX channel and I have it working fine. But if I enable codes, soemtimes the Wii crashes with this error when looking at the codes

Exception (DSI) occurred!

Stack Dump:

Code Dump:

And most of the time when launching the games that have codes. However they work fine without codes and if cheats are disabled. The funny thing is that even games I had working fine with codes are doing this now.

Also note that I'm using IOS222 for the games and they work just fine. I have not tried IOS223 or 249 maybe I'll try with those and see what happens.

Any help would be apreciated though. I have tried different versions of the USB Loader GX channel and I get the same results. The games work just fine with cheats using the discs and with GeckoOS though.

Ok I tried IOS 223 and 249 and the same thing happened. Also note that in order to get games to load fine. I have to turn on "patch country flag" and also "force NTSC". Otherwise autopatch and use disc default just give me a black screen. Of course this is without cheats. I can't get games to laod withotu crashing the wii with any settings. really weird cause I had it working yesterday.

But I think what I had to do is load the text cheat file on the PC with Cheat manager 1.2 and create the cheat file on the PC and then I made it work that way. But I don't see how creating the cheat file within the loader afected all the other 2 games that I had working with cheats before.

2. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    the lastest versions of GX breaks Ocarina code loading for some reason and hasnt been fix yet, either user CFG of use a lower rev of GX that works with Ocarina

3. saulin
    OP

saulin GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2003
    Ok I tried creating the cheats on the PC. For all 3 games and it still crashes. Mmm well I'm sure they worked on r720, I went back to that one and the Wii still crashes, do you know a version that has working cheats?

Also if I want to go back to an earlier verion. Can I just inject a different rev dol file with WADder to the latest channel?

I just happened to have r720-r722 channels on my PC.

Also is the latest version of CFG as good as USB Loader GX? Does it also work with IOS 222/223? and are cheats working on the latest version of CFG?

4. pepxl

pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

Jun 19, 2009
    you could just use a forwarder channel to load straight from the sd, alot better as you can just swap the boot.dol in the sd://apps/usbloader_gx/ to any rev available with ou the messy injections or channel .wad installing

but to answer your question a rev below say r700 should be fine maybe a few higher, i dont personally no as a dont use cheat that often if ever really

5. saulin
    OP

saulin GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2003
    Thanks, I tried a few versions and it looks like r709 works. Anything after that doesn't. I hope I'm not missing much by staying there. Are they aware of this issue? Or how do I report it? We are up to r722 and the issue is still not fixed mmmmm.

6. Minties

Minties Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2009
    I'd say they're aware of the issue, it's been reported here.