Hacking Upsidedown HBC

Bink908

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Hulu Plus on my Wii and a while back it told me I needed to update Hulu Plus through the Shop Channel, but Shop Channel was also wanting an update. Since my Wii is hacked, my husband found an IOS (I can't remember exactly which one it was) to install that will update the Shop Channel or make the Wii think the Shop Channel is updated. After he installed it, I was able to get into Shop Channel and update Hulu Plus, but then when we go into the HBC, it was upside down and everything was gone from its menu. I tried re-hacking my Wii with Modmii, but after I click "yes" on boot.elf from my SD card, I get a black screen and it freezes. Can anyone give me any advice on how to fix HBC? Thanks! BTW, my wii has 4.2u.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shop channel used to run on IOS61...and HBC installs on 61 if 58 isn't present. i'd guess he installed a patched 61 to get shop working....that patch is also what's causing the HBC to be upside down.

shop channel now uses 56; so if my assumption is correct, shop channel will again want an update. to fix your HBC in this situation, install a clean IOS58, then reinstall HBC (in that order). HBC can be reinstalled from HBC itself, just put the boot.elf in a folder in the apps folder and launch from HBC (:\\apps\<whateverfoldername>\boot.elf).

upside down HBC shouldn't cause all your apps to disappear. make sure you're on the correct input device (USB/SD).

edit: ninja'd by joostin

Bink908

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for your help. I tried doing both and when I put my SD card in my Wii, nothing comes up in the SD card menu.
I've been trying for weeks to get it to work and I think I just may have to give up :(

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just so we're on the same page...we are talking about apps not showing up in the HBC versus not showing up in the menu behind the SDcard icon on the system menu, right?

is your folder path correct? SD:\\apps\<appfoldername>\boot.dol (or.elf)

Bink908

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBC doesn't show apps and the SD card doesn't show the files or apps I put on it from my PC.
So I'm guessing it's because I had it in the root directory of my SD card that everything wasn't showing up on the Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo