1. Midnight Locke

OP Midnight Locke Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been getting this error, with no possible way past this. I've tried CTRTransfer, but no luck. Not sure how to get past this. I don't have a backup of the nand before this issue, so i'm curious on what to do. I can boot into the payloads though of course.

Attached Files:

2. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    This is usually a movable.sed with a bad CMAC.

with godmode9, go to CTR-NAND->/private/movable.sed -> Calculate CMAC
    and fix the cmac if it's broken.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  3. TurdPooCharger

United States
    In case that doesn't work and it's some other NAND file, go for orbital bombardment.
    • GodMode9 → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [1:] SYSNAND CTRNANDFix CMACs for drive.

zoogie likes this.
  4. Midnight Locke

OP Midnight Locke Member
    Newcomer

United States
    In the case both of these don't work and the same error occurs, what exactly does that mean?

5. TurdPooCharger

United States
    There's another type of CTRTransfer you can try, but it requires doing some whacky stuff in order to keep irreplaceable NAND files and maintain your setup...

You can follow the guide found at:
    This would be a good time to mention if you region changed your 3DS.

Ignore the parts about installing DSiWare, and adjust the CTRTransfer *.bin image for region and old/new type.
    You must make a backup your current SysNAND *.bin image and the 1 - SYSNAND CTRNAND folder with the files. Do not skip the H2testw.

After you use D9WIP, I'll follow up with how restore those missing NAND files because there's some caveats using that program.

6. Midnight Locke

OP Midnight Locke Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I still seem to get this error and it's been quite awhile since i've done related things. Can you walk me through how to do this? It'd be a great help.

7. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Read this thread. Don't skip on the part about backing up your current SysNAND *.bin image even if it's currently brick.

If you get to the section where CTRTransfer (Type D9) doesn't work, you will need to examine specific NAND files with a hex editor.

8. Midnight Locke

OP Midnight Locke Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm currently testing the movable.sed transfer from a working 3DS. Not sure how to inject it without Decrypt9. I also saved the important things like the exclusive friend code which I exported. So how would I inject without Decrypt9, because no matter what I do, it doesn't launch. I put it in the payloads and no luck. Of course, i'm trying this is because the CTR D9 Didn't work at all.

Last edited by Midnight Locke, Jul 2, 2019
  9. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Don't take another system's movable.sed and inject it in your bricked 3DS. Read further down in those threads about the risk of Nintendo ban when you do this.

When you used my CTRTransfer (Type D9) script, did you get stuck in an infinite loop that stated "Force loop the operation if user attempts to cancel." ?

Take a look in the partial backup of your NAND folder.

If any of those files don't resemble the examples in the diagram, see if you can fall back on your backup copies found in essential.exefs. Also take a hex view of those, too.

10. Midnight Locke

OP Midnight Locke Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The D9 was successful, but upon rebooting, it still resulted in the same error, so that I don't know. I exported all of the things in essential. I was planning on injecting the movable and then quickly replacing the essential with the one I exported to bring the unique codes and such fourth. I guess that's not a good idea. I guess I can check for bad Nand files.

11. macalere

macalere Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    is this fixed im kinda having the same problem?

12. TurdPooCharger

United States
    macalere and fmkid like this.
  13. macalere

macalere Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    [/QUOTE]
    yes sorry for late reply

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

this happened allmost 1 month ago i tried using cartinstall and it failed idk and i went to sleep and tommorow it just gave this this frikin error

14. macalere

macalere Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    if you can help me that would be greatly appriciated

15. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    *in the morning (did you want say?) :P

• What happen when you get off the SD card from your console and then turn it on?
    • Do you remember how you opened/executed the cartinstall .firm payload? (through Luma's chainloader, or GodMode9, or directly renamed as boot.firm on the root of the SD...)

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  16. macalere

macalere Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    im not really in to this stuff but i opened cartinstall by pressing power + start or select ( the way you open gm9) i just want super smash as an cia but it cannot turn into one

removing the sd card and powering it on just docent help it still gives me arm9 error prefetch abort i tried ctr transfer but there are no ctrnand options

ill try to reply as soon as possible thx in advance if there is no sollution im going to sell my 3ds for the parts

its on 11.14 when this error happened

17. TurdPooCharger

United States
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@macalere, repair the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

18. macalere

macalere Member
    Newcomer

Philippines

can you teaach me the intructions or steps?

19. TurdPooCharger

United States
    In my last post #17, click on the [ underlined + bold ] hyperlink. It should take you to the CTRTransfer (Type D9) page where you can find the Tables of Contents. Jump to the Instructions.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Dec 13, 2020
  20. macalere

macalere Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Hey Bro ! thanks it worked for me i risked the sd card and not creating an SYSNAND backup but it worked for me thank you so much i really apriciate it sorry for bad english KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (SvcBreak), Prefetch, booting