Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
If *******roll licenses it, it's illegal.
It's name isn't illegal because they LICENSE the anime they stream now, and do not host any illegal content anymore. ALSO, CrunchyRoll ONLY gets the license for the US (& Canada?) region, same as R1 DVDs. That's why they region block everyone else I believe. Just thought I would bring that up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hatsu said:
If *******roll licenses it, it's illegal.

Licensed or not (even on country where the file is hosted) is still illegal.
You don't have permission to redistribute a work from someone else without his written consent.
said the guy distributing french subtitled K-Drama on his website !

this is regarding legality of the file itself.
Now if you say the country where the file is hosted/intended for/redistributed/ can't charge you anything because there's no licenser on it yet for the given country, it's another story.
but the original producer from the original country will have all the right to ask you to stop distribution without his consent, being original raw, hard or soft subtitles.

even pictures are illegal, but some countries accept the use of others company licensed work for "illustration purpose", like website's news etc. (take IGN with game pictures for example, they are allowed to scan magazine, etc. which they don't own even if it's forbidden to reproduce the pages (stated in every single books internal cover))

In france there's a given amount of each work which is authorized to reproduce/distribute.
like 1/10 of a musical track etc.. (fake % here) for website to show the content to potential buyers.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Nobody will give a shit. The government claims it's watching what you do, but it isn't. Feel free to upload whatever you want, the worst you'll get is a letter telling you to stop if you get found out (or the website will be temporarily taken down until the copyrighted material is removed).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure, I didn't say you can't, I was only legally speaking.

I'm providing k-drama unlicensed in France, the only complain I got was Google ad sense (too bad XD, they removed my account because of the illegal file sharing).
Gouvernement or IPS don't care.
Even if in France the government voted a new law (HADOPI) to force all ISPs to stop providing Internet for 1 year for presumed pirating users (mostly P2P listened by a private reporting group, and ISP had to denounce big downloaders users). The law was rejected 3-4 time already because it's again the law to cut the people liberty, and internet has been considered a liberty tools, but they tried to re-vote it many time and it finally got accepted.

still, no one care
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?