Upgrading the SD card for the 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Izzy, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Izzy
    OP

Izzy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2007
    Heya.

Both me and my GF got a Toshiba 2 GB SD-card with our 3DS.
    We're both thinking about upgrading to a 16 or even 32 GB to be safe with space.
    However, is it just about copying over everything from the original 2 GB to the new card, or is it going to be problems with licenses with stuff bought from the eShop etc?
    If it is as simple as just plugging in both cards in my computer and just transfering them of right away then I'm buying one for sure.

I don't want guesses here, I want people who's got a source for their claim or that they've done it themself.
    Much appreciated, thanks!

/Izzy

2. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    you can do it (don't worry)

3. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    I'm using a 4gb card, sure just copy everything from your current card to the new one.

4. Izzy
    OP

Izzy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2007
    Thanks alot, and them I'm assuming that all the licenses for which games you've bought etc are all on the 3DS itself, built in Memory or something. [​IMG]
    Thanks alot! [​IMG]

5. kenjixx

kenjixx Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Malaysia
    am using a 16gb sd card..
    you can just copy everything and paste into the new sd card

6. Weaselpipe

Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

Nov 18, 2010
    Somewhere Else
    I'm using the 8gb from inside my works digital camera. You can back up the memory stick onto your computer, just in case!

7. Icealote

Icealote My Winter...

Sep 2, 2008
    Sydney
    Got a similar question like Izzy, let's say I get a 32gb with class 10, would that work on the 3DS with the files transferred? Is there a limit to the space and speed of the memory card for the 3DS?

8. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

Jul 24, 2010
    LocLac village...