Hacking Upgrading PS3 Hard Drive with CFW?

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys are there any steps I need to take before upgrading a ps3 hard drive with Rebug? From what I see in videos, I just need to back up the current drive, insert the new one, then connect the previous one with the back up via usb to migrate all contents. Is the process the same? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: So I went to *Debug Settings and selected "Debug for HDD Exchange Utility" then it began to copy onto a 500 gb HDD I connected (forgot to mention that I connected this before selecting *debug settings) then replaced into the console. All purchased content went as is to the new HDD. I didn't need to restore content.

Last edited by JiveTheTurkey,

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Connect both old and new drives to pc, clone the old one onto the new one and then insert the new one into the ps3

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connect both old and new drives to pc, clone the old one onto the new one and then insert the new one into the ps3
I already tried to connect it but it doesn't register on pc I think because of its partitions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You will also need to reinstall Rebug firmware. At least that's what I had to do woth my 320GB replacement
I see, thank you. Did you just back up the stock hard drive then insert the blank one? I downloaded all my purchased content before cfw and am afraid to get back on to redownload should it corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.