Upgrading Phone Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Intimidator88, Oct 3, 2011.

Oct 3, 2011
  1. Intimidator88
    OP

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    And im thinking bout getting the sony ericsson xperia play but i got a few questions! Can it play like the market emulators like snes and gba ect with the controller and is there any rpg playstation games out or maybe a list of games r upcoming games for it?

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    1) The controls on the emulator can be mapped to the buttons on the pad (at least the N64 emu that I saw on a youtube vid could; don't know about the other emulators)

2) Any PSN game can be downloaded and played on the device, but you (obviously) have to buy/DL it through PSN. I'm pretty sure there are many psp/psx rpg games in PSN. Please note that any content previously bought on PSN will NOT be able to transfer/redownload to your device (which is a bummer).

3. emugirl1994

Newcomer emugirl1994 Advanced Member

United States
    The other emulators (SNES, NES, Genesis) allow for button mapping and so you can use it with the Xperia Play.

If you don't want to use the PS1 emulator already on the Xperia Play, you can use PSX4Droid and upload your own ISOs.

4. Intimidator88
    OP

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok so i got my phone now! So im wondering how do i get to play ps1 roms on it? Like what emulator and where do i put the roms ect...?

5. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    You'll need PSX4droid or FPSe (I believe FPSe is still in the market) and you'll need a bios and whatever ISOs in specific formats (depending on the emulator)

There's also a pretty alpha ISO injector for Sony's emulator, I wouldn't really recommend it yet.